SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Show us your PINK Roses

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I think it would be nice to show our roses by color category again. By far I have the most in various shades of pink.

LA FRANCE

MEMORIAL DAY

BEVERLY

SWEET BEAUTY

ZAIDE

ORCHID ROMANCE

MRS. JOHN LAING

SOUVENIR DE LA MALMAISON

PERFUME DELIGHT

FRANCIS MEILLAND

Comments (68)

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    6 years ago

There are so many fabulous pinks

Why haven't I gotten Eden or Abe Darby or..... So many goodness.

Moses, you have a good eye. That is indeed a malva. Barnsley.

• K S
    6 years ago

I was just wondering if I could somehow squeeze St Ethelburga into my collection... This forum is so dangerous!

• Related Discussions

Show your pinks for Valentines

Q

Comments (21)
    annebert - Hi and thank you :) That is a Hilo Beauty. I find reds really hard to photograph but this pic is true to the color I got last summer. I enjoyed watching the inflo develop as it was a very dark burgundy color. Bill - I love your Jeannie Moragne, I think that just went straight to the top of my list :) Musarojo - I hope that pod holds on for you, that sounds like a beautiful cross!!! My pods also slowed their growing this winter but with the help of the GH they seem to be slowly starting up again. It's amazing how fast they grow in the beginning!
    ...See More

What is your favorite rose to show at a rose show?

Q

Comments (2)
    I love pink rose. Pink is basically very beutiful color, so pink roses look really ausome. Here is a link that might be useful: http://c.1asphost.com/Sanganagouda/forum/
    ...See More

Show off your yellow roses--Part I

Q

Comments (33)
    Yellow, not my favorite color either, but the previous photos made me realize I like yellow roses much more than I thought! Eureka, one of my best yellows. Apricot shades add to the interest. Graham Thomas, pure yellow Buff Beauty, buffy yellow Honey Dijon, peanut butter yellow (?) Honey Bouquet, pure yellow, fades to a cream yellow Joshua Bradley, gold with orange highlights St. Patrick, banana yellow, pale yellow, sometimes with green tinges (cast iron in heat) Sultry, buff yellow with pink edges Symphony, an Austin that is my favorite yellow Another shot of Bees Knees, a mini I really love.
    ...See More

Show your roses by color: PINK

Q

Comments (41)
    Some more beauties! Kristine, that's such a lovely picture of Tournament of Roses, I had that one years ago, makes me want it again. Modestgodess, you have some beauties also, especially Summer Romance and First Crush! Anna, I think they are both good roses. I got Memorial Day last year, it's a bloomin' machine, and the fragrance is wonderful! I've always been fond of Bewitched, but I have to admit I've had trouble with mine recently, those lovely blooms make me not want to give up on it though, I've grown it since the early 2000's. and until about three years ago it was one of my favorites. Memorial Day is probably the better rose, but I do think my Bewitched can do better.
    ...See More
  • rosecanadian
    6 years ago

K S - I'm not that fond of my St. Ethelburga. For me there are long pauses between blooming. I liked it the first year much better.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    6 years ago

Archduke Charles- china rose

Aunt Margy's Rose- polyantha rose

Baronne Henriette Snoy- tea rose

Broadway- hybrid tea rose

Cels Multiflore- china rose

Clementina Carbonieri- tea rose

Dainty Bess- hybrid tea

Deanna Krause- shrub rose

Edith Perry- tea rose

Eliza- hybrid tea

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
  • Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    6 years ago

Grace de Monaco- hybrid tea

Liv Tyler- hybrid tea

Peppermint Parfait- mini

Serratipetala- china rose

Sam Houston- shrub rose

Maman Cochet- tea rose

I have quite a few more pink than I realized! All (but two) of these were taken this winter. I have a new laptop, and these are the pictures easiest to get to, lol.

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
  • Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I love your Archduke Charles and Maman Cochet, Brittie.

Here are some that I used to have, or still have (Big Momma, was very good for awhile, but has grown backwards).

COLOR MAGIC, had this one in the mid 2000's, love this rose, very tender in my zone though

QUEEN ELIZABETH, another one from several years ago. I have two now, and hopefully they will become good growers, like the ones here. Dublin HT is also pictured in front of QE. Another in this picture, that you can see if you enlarge it, is Miss All American Beauty, which is closer to my house. It did fantastic for me for quite a few years, loved it!

BIG MOMMA - For about three years I thought this was a great rose, but not so much now.

THE MC CARTNEY ROSE - Love this rose but Dr. Huey took over, ordered a replacement.

BUXOM BEAUTY - Still have this one, unlike most of my Kordes roses it’s a weak grower for me,

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    6 years ago

First Crush

Abe Darby ...being pink

Sharifa Asma

Princess Alexandra of Kent

Olivia Austin

Gloire des Rosomanes

La Reine

Evelyn being girly pink

Lilian Austin :)

Jubilee Celebration

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Brittie - I love your Archduke, Liv Tyler and Maman Couchet (oh my goodness - your MC is incredible!!!!!!!) Swoon!

Sara-Ann - maybe Buxom Beauty is more of a cool summer rose or maybe it takes a few years. Mine wasn't very good for about 2 years, but last year it bloomed a lot. I really love mine. I really love your Big Momma and Buxom Beauty!

Sultry - Your Austins really look wonderfull!! I love your Abe the best!

Carol

• Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Jasmine, very nice blooms, love your Pat Austin, Abe Darby and PAOK.

Thank you Carol, I’m not sure, seems like BUXOM BEAUTY started out fairly vigorous, I think some of my roses have suffered in the drought conditions we had for several years, Might be the same with BIG MOMMA too.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago

Thank you for the pictures and comments about Buxom Beauty. I've been considering her, but wonder how her growth form develops. She is a buxom beauty, still I wish they could use her alternate name of Parole.

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    6 years ago

Ohhh, sorry guys, I mislabled 'Pat Austin' that should have read Lilian Austin..too many Austins lol. Pat so lovely but she is orange..I will fix it :) Btw both Lilian and Pat,are great roses for anyone who is starting out with Austins. Both are so easy, carefree, and beautiful! I can't recommend them enough.

Thanks Carol and Sarah ann on the compliments on my Austins. Love them! ♡

~Sjn

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    6 years ago

Just when I start getting all puffed up and thinking, "Yep, I've got some pretty nice roses out there", I run across threads like this and just want to stick my head in the sand. Except I would be banging my head against hard packed clay. I WISH I could grow The Fairy like Redwolfdoc. Magnificent. Mine were all single, white, once bloomers with no fragrance. All 3 went in the trash bin.

Others that really take my breath away are Sara-Ann's La France which I've loved for as long as I can remember, but too cold for her here. Ken's Compte de Chambroud looks like a delicacy, Carol's St. Ethelburga also looks like a confection, Brittie's Archduke Charles is an old favorite of mine.

Looking at these photo heavy threads is expensive!

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • SylviaWW 9a Hot dry SoCal
    6 years ago

I have these! Above, Pink Peace

Aylnwick Rose

Zephirine Drouhim

Aunt Margy's Rose

Marie Van Houtte - not usually this pink. Hot weather does it.

Passionate Kisses

Rosette D'Lizy

Queen of Sweden - on Christmas day

\

Rockwall Sesquecentennial

Sexy Rexy

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked SylviaWW 9a Hot dry SoCal
  • SylviaWW 9a Hot dry SoCal
    6 years ago

And one more - Sonia Rykiel

Love these threads. Wish I had lavenders or purples, too, but my Ebb Tide is still too young to bloom.

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked SylviaWW 9a Hot dry SoCal
  • Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Oh darn carol I had ordered st ethelberg and didn't run it by the forum . I hope it isn't too disappointing.. I hear it is very fragrant so I guess I'll enjoy it when it is blooming and not fuss about it !! It sure looks beautiful!!

So many gorgeous photos here!!

Ill add a few

Belinda's dream

Jasmina

Sonia rykiel

Queen of Sweden. I moved this and hope it recovers this nicely as it sulked all summer long

Summer romance above

Earth angel

Cornelia above

Huntington rose

First crush.. is it cream or blush? Lol sorry if it's more cream than pale pink.

Royal jubilee

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Lily, you have some gorgeous pinks

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Lily - love your roses!!! Sigh :) As to St. Ethelburga - YMMV. Mine had fabulous fragrance the first year...then nothing. The small blooms are not something I'm too keen on too. If the fragrance stays, you'll love it! Fabulous fragrance!!

Carol

• Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sylvia and Lily you both have some great roses! Really like Pink Peace, Aylnwick Rose, Rosette Delizy and Sexy Rexy, Sylvia. Totally in love with Jasmina, Huntington Rose and QOS, Lily. I wish my Summer Romance was as pretty as yours!

• lavenderlacezone8
    6 years ago

Vaporvac, I always called Buxom Beauty by her other name of Parole while she was here so you aren't the only one!

So many WOW pictures here to comment on, congrats everyone!

I never have any pictures but here's one pink that I've posted before, sorry to be so boring.

Francis Meilland

I had to dig this one up and move it because he got HUGE in my climate!

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked lavenderlacezone8
  • Darren Harwood
    6 years ago

All so beautiful <3

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Lavenderlace - wow!! Your FM is porcelain perfection!!!

Carol

6 years ago

Oh lavender, perfection! I may need that beauty . Does FM have good repeat?

• lavenderlacezone8
    6 years ago

Thanks so much! I have to say that while having the shiniest healthiest leaves, tremendous growth, and big blooms, he's been pretty stingy for me.

However, he's very young and maybe spent all of his energy growing? He was over eight feet tall with less than a year in the ground.

I moved him to an uncrowded location this past fall so he had to recover from that so I can't blame him for not blooming more though. New spot will be in full blistering sun so it will be interesting to see what happens now.

Sara-Ann, is your FM more generous with the blooms than mine? I think yours is older too.

I'll try to report back this spring on this one Kristine!

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    6 years ago

Lilyfinch,

Does Summer Romance bloom well for you? I had heard it has a uniquely wonderful scent, but it has trouble blooming where nights are warm. I just bought a big healthy plant of it, hoping I can coax it into bloom this spring before the sultry nights set in .

6 years ago

Raspberry Cream Twirl

The Ingenious Mr Fairchild

Mrs Woods Lavender-Pink Noisette

Lady of Shalott in pinky coral mode

Archduke Charles still a baby

Raspberry Cream Twirl *again* close- up lol..love this climber♡

William Shakespeare 2000 -in summer heat he is magenta..red in winter

The Alnwick Rose

6 years ago

So beautiful!

6 years ago

SJN, you have some beauties

• MiGreenThumb (Z5b S.Michigan/Sunset 41) Elevation: 1091 feet
    6 years ago

The Ancient Mariner

Quietness

Belinda's Dream

Therese Bugnet

The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild

Rosa palustris

Rosa setigera

Not pictured: Gertrude Jekyll, Duchesse de Brabant, and William Baffin.

Steven

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked MiGreenThumb (Z5b S.Michigan/Sunset 41) Elevation: 1091 feet
  • rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Steven - holey cow!!!!! Your Belinda's Dream is unbelievable!!!!!

Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    6 years ago

Sara-Ann--you have the nicest collection of pink roses, but Katherine Harrop really stood out for me--Love it!

But all the other pink roses are wonderful also--though Redwolf's Savoy Hotel really stood out for me! What a great shot of the rose.

Here are my pinks, from lightest to darkest:

Eden (Meilland climber)--victim of RRD, so I will have to replace it next spring.

Olivia Rose Austin (Austin shrub)--somewhat colorless from a distance, but lovely pastel up close.

Elle (HT) in its light pink phase. (Can get strong apricot highlights at times).

Fru Dagmar Hastrup (rugosa)--lovely single.

Mortimer Sackler (Austin shrub) didn't survive a recent winter, but it was a profuse bloomer before that.

Queen of Sweden (Austin shrub)--short hedgerow of 3 Queens.

Mystic Beauty (bourbon)--beautifully delicate blooms

Mrs. John Laing (hybrid perpetual)--didn't survive last winter and won't be replaced due to BS problems--unfortunately. It is a beautiful rose.

Scepter'd Isle (Austin shrub)--good bloomer

Pretty Jessica (Austin shrub)--talk about a fully packed bud/bloom. This is it!

Gee, I have more pink ones than I thought. See the next post for more.

Kate

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked dublinbay z6 (KS)
    6 years ago

Dublin Bay, I like what I'm seeing, but unfortunately some of your pictures are blank.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Oh my word this thread is like going to the bakery! I want one of everything !!

Ben I'm sorry I didn't see your comment before! My summer romance is new . It definitely grew a ton ! It did bloom a lot on the ends like everyone complains about. I'm going to hack it down in the spring for sure. It was very disease resistant and I liked the fragrance. I recall it taking a break between sets of blooms though.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    6 years ago

Now we move into the darker shades of pink:

The Wedgewood (Austin climber)

Clothilde Soupert (polyantha)--this is a ROBUST rambler/climber

Cornelia (HM)--hasn't bloomed much yet. Hopefully this will be its year to shine!

Felicia (HM)

Winter Sunset (mini)--yellow and pink blend

The Fairy (polyantha)--heavy bloomer

Jubilee Celebration (Austin shrub)--a beauty

Pompenella Fairy Tale (floribunda)--rather big!

Peter Mayle (HT)--"hot pink" and BIG blooms

Mother's Day (polyantha)--mini

That's it--I was going to add Shakespeare 2000, but ran out of space, so I guess he will have to go in the rosy-red category.

Kate

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked dublinbay z6 (KS)
  • dublinbay z6 (KS)
    6 years ago

vaporvac--which of my pics are blank? They all show up on my screen and have been posted successfully in the past. I'll try to fix them if I can, but I don't know what the problem is. : (

Did you try "refreshing" your page? That helps sometimes.

Kate

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Kate - fabulous!! roses!! Your Pomponella FT rose isi amazing!!! I also love your rambler!! Your Jubilee Celebration is exquisite!!! I love that rose in my yard - the smell is amazing! Mystic Beauty, Scepter'd Isle and Mortimer Sackler are scrumptious!!

Carol

6 years ago

2 more mini Floras

Tiffany Lynn

First Choice

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • bella rosa
    6 years ago

Pomponella (1st pic) & Eden (2nd pic)

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked bella rosa
    6 years ago

Pomponella is a gorgeous color

• bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

Wow beautiful roses everybody! Sara-Ann your LA FRANCE is absolutely gorgeous! Best picture I've ever seen of it. One rose I do not have.

Here are a handful of my pinkies....

BELAMI

BOTTICELLI

DELLA REESE

FIRST ENTERPRISE

FREDERICK MISTRAL

GRAFIN SONJA

LOVE'S KISS

MASQUERADE (FREELANDER)

PEARL ESSENCE

PINK LUSTRE

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked bethnorcal9
    6 years ago

What a treat this is. So many I wish I could grow in my cold climate like Archduke Charles and La France. So many I do grow, but not to the perfection of those in the pictures. I'll try not to post too many I've posted before.

Cottage Rose

Peppermint Pop

Martin Frobisher

Mollie

Cape Diamond

Honeymoon - I guess he's really not pink.

Unknown Rugosa

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Beth - sigh - how wonderous!!! My favs are Pink Lustre, and Belami.

Flowersaremusic - lovely - especially Cottage Rose!!

Carol

6 years ago

Princess Alexandra of Kent

Ballerina

John Davis

Earth Angel

Spirit of Freedom

Wildeve

Cinderella Fairy Tale

6 years ago

Kate, I don't know what was going on there. It's OK now! FlowersRMusic, you have NOTHING to apologize for..... Honeymoon is fantastic!!!

• witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago

I believe I found a picture of the Anne Boleyn I had in SC before it got mowed down. :-(

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago

What a sweet pink

• bella rosa
    6 years ago

I love pink roses. Here's John Davis (top pic and on the right side (bottom pic))

Sara-Ann Z6B OK thanked bella rosa
    6 years ago

Bella, your John Davis is what I wish mine looked like. Mine are stumpy little shrubs planted at the base of trees, and that's probably why they're stumpy little shrubs. Yours, in the second photo, looks like he wants to come inside. All those buds! Looks like John Cabot on the left. They make a good combo. I see a beautiful deep red clem peeking from behind J Davis. Beautiful welcoming entry.

• bella rosa
    6 years ago

Flower, thank you! In the second pic, the flowers on the left are rose, William Baffin (fuchsia), a yellow honeysuckle and the pink miniature climbing rose, Jeanne Lajoie. The clematis paired with John Davis to the right are Madame Julia Correvon (dark red) and Huldine (white).

6 years ago

Wow! You really have the touch. My Wm. Baffin is pitiful next to that beautiful specimen. Mine is in almost total shade, and I expect he's mad at me for not giving him more light. Trees grew and matured since he was planted. The flowers on yours are bigger and fuller. Vey pretty.

• bella rosa
    6 years ago

Thanks! Mine are in full sun and get a shovelful of mushroom compost and cow manure every year. They love it!