SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbmarti2

Need Design Help for Kitchen Reno

Shawn
6 years ago

Hi All,

Apologies for the long post, but I'm looking to do some sizable renovations to my house in the early spring, and part of it is to redo a large part of my kitchen. I'm getting pretty firm on the layout of what I'm going to do, but am generally looking for design advice on how to tie it into the rest of the main for living space. Pictures of the entire house are below (it's small!), as for the plans on how I plan to renovate the kitchen:

- I'm putting double garden doors on the back wall so that you can walk directly onto a deck (that will be built around the same time)

- The existing kitchen entry door will be blocked off and I'll put new base cabinetry there. The cabinet doors in the laundry room will be used so they match, and I'll cover it (and the rest of the counters) with quartz

- I'm going to put the stove where the fridge is currently and install a chimney style range hood above it. I don't know what to put where the existing oven/cooktop is as I don't have doors to fit that space if I put cabinets there. The countertop will extend over it, so I was thinking an undercounter beverage fridge?

- The wall with the open cabinets and the countertop below will be torn out and will be replaced with a counter depth fridge, and cabinetry to frame around it, i.e. a pantry that is the same height as the fridge. I can use the doors from the existing cabinets to front it. As an FYI the current cabinets are only 20" deep so it's a pain to leave them and put appliances next to them

- I'll use my workbench as an island, generally leaving it a few feet in from of where the garden doors will be on the back wall (i.e. the one that is currently windows)

Generally I like these plans I feel they're a good compromise between the layout I want and cost. I was thinking of doing something industrial/farmhouse, since I have the brick and the wood stove. All the appliances I buy will be stainless, so I just feel it would work well if I did it correctly?

Open to any suggestions, and thank you in advance

Comments (4)