SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekscrunchy

Small backsplash in bathroom..a few inches....tacky or not?

ekscrunchy
6 years ago

I rarely see these small backsplashes in upscale designs. How risky is it to have no backsplash behind a vanity countertop in a winter home? Can I just get either the glass or Corian slab and call it a day? I was planning to tile only the wall right behind the double sinks and leave the side walls painted. Some how those low-height backsplashes scream "builder" to me.....

The first photo is one in my city apartment, with white glass countertop and no splash. I love it. It is 12 years old and still looks wonderful, to me. Nickel from Newport brass.

The second one shows short backsplash on a Corian countertop and integrated sink (should have been rectangular and not round) in a Florida condo, one I installed, at the pushing of fabricator. The entire bathroom is tiled floor to ceiling with Daltile. Fixtures in black and mix of Brizo and Newport Brass.

For the master in Florida, I hope to find pure white glass for countertop and hope t have no splash behind it, even if side walls are painted and only wall behind sinks are done in white Tesoro subways with grey grout. Tile is porcelain terrazzoo from NEMO and toilet/shower area will be Refin mottled pale grey tile. Fixtures a mix of Kohler gold and Delta Trinsic black. Cabinets to be a grained walnut-look from Greenfield.

What is the downside of having no splash at all? To me the first bathroom looks about 20 times more attractive than the second photo. Why did I need the backsplash in the second photo and can it be easily removed?

Comments (6)