SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renov8or_nyc

IKEA Kitchen Sale 2018?

Renov8or
6 years ago

Does anyone know when the next kitchen sale is at Ikea?

Comments (170)

• Luci Lova
    5 years ago

Do you guys go with the IKEA contractors or privately contract your own?

• Lizzie Bennett
    5 years ago

@Irena - I went with the IKEA contractors (they're Traemand in my area), because my contractor has never done IKEA before, so there'd be a huge learning curve. I figured it made more sense to go with people who do it day in and day out...

• Related Discussions

IKEA summer kitchen sale dates

Q

Comments (6)
    @numbersjunkie, everything I have read says that if things are out of stock, it doesn't mean your delivery is delayed. You don't even get to order things on back order, you have to buy them when they are in stock. Not great customer service, IMO, but it is the way it works there. I had to have everything delivered within one week of ordering. We are not going to need our cabinets for at least 2 months, and I would have loved to delay the delivery, but it was not possibly. Thankfully, those flat boxes stack very neatly, and my doors won't be here for 2 months, so I just have a few stacks of boxes in my rarely used living room for now.
    ...See More

IKEA kitchen sale

Q

Comments (4)
    So, it worked! I just purchased my kitchen Friday and they gave me the sale price even though it's 3 weeks after the sale officially ended. Back in April when I realized that I wouldn't be ready for a May sale, I purchased the measurement & kitchen planning service. I had the measuring appointment done right away, but I kept moving the date for the in-store kitchen planning session to give myself more time, more time, more time. You just call them up and say you need to change the date - they don't even blink, they just change it. That bought me lots of time. When I finally settled on which appliances I was ordering, I was ready to place the Scherr's door order. That's the point where I had my iKEA in-store planning session. From that point on I had 30 days to finalize the plan and pay and still get the sale price. They also refunded the measuring + planning session payment. The sale discount was, as everyone predicted, given to me on a card that I will use to cover all the organizational inserts I want.
    ...See More

IKEA kitchen sale starts 2/28

Q

Comments (2)
    I didn't get any other details. She wasn't sure how much the discount will be, but speculated it might be only 10%.
    ...See More

2019 Ikea kitchen sale

Q

Comments (2)
    It doesn't appear to be a store credit - it is a straight 10% discount for Ikea Family members. I found it interesting that the sale is known by the Ikea Kitchen Planner software - my item list/price sheet now reflects the 10% discount for the plan I've been working up.
    ...See More
  • jrb085685
    5 years ago

We do our own. About to do our 3rd kitchen. It’s time consuming but not difficult. Mainly get them all put together & marked like they are numbered on your kitchen drawing from ikea then it’s a breeze to hang on the rails.

• Mid America Mom
    5 years ago

Irena we went with a private company that does IKEA kitchens and other items in the Chicago area. We demo'd and are doing the backsplash and floor ourselves to save.

• Luci Lova
    5 years ago

Thanks. I was considering this as well.

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    I was actually thinking of hiring someone for the demo and doing the install ourselves. Our current kitchen is big and requires floor tile removal too. Lots of debris. It would take me forever to do the demo myself.
  • nickcolem
    5 years ago

Does anyone know for sure when the next IKEA kitchen sale is? I thought it would be this month, but I haven't found any solid information on what day & I don't see any announcement yet?

• Cc G
    5 years ago

My local IKEA also confirmed that the sale starts June 27. I was told 15% back in gift card.

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    Do you know how many weeks will it last?
  • Ashley Zimmerman
    5 years ago

I thought IKEA would notify their IKEA Family Members about the sale one week prior to the event but I still haven’t seen any email or mentioning of it on their “events & promotions” page of the website. It’s interesting how so many of us have been told June 27 as the start date by our local IKEA salespeople but wouldn’t we have received an official notification by now? Does anyone know just how early prior to the event that Ikea family members are notified? We have a family vacation during the week of June 27 but we were altering plans for the sale date start. We need our cabinets delivered ASAP bc we have work conflicts in Mid July that would alter our renovation timeline... we would like to know soon how our plans should change! :-)

• Hillside House
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I don't know that I've ever gotten a notification from IKEA prior. I've always gone by the date the kitchen people told me, and it's never been wrong.

• Tami Richards
    5 years ago

I was told we could be notified 1-3 days prior. ‍♀️

• wiscokid
    5 years ago

when does the 2019 catalog and kitchen collection come out? I would think soon, isn't it usually July?

• shayr
    5 years ago

@ashleyzimmerman my Ikea (Canada, May be different) told me that if you order within 45 days of sale starting you can bring your receipt in and they will honour the discount, so check with your store and see, then you wouldn’t have to change your holiday:)

• Ashley Zimmerman
    5 years ago

Update! I called Ikea two days ago to ask and I got all the information. The sale does indeed start on June 27, but they won't be widely promoting it until June 29. They call this a soft start and it enables the people who really are ready to buy to get in to the store without all the craziness that the sale brings. On the phone he told me the sale is: If you spend $2,000 you get 15% back on an Ikea Gift Card. Also, Free Delivery. We decided to order our kitchen over the phone two days ago but we did not buy the cornice trim and a few other things. We will call back on June 27, have our gift card generated, get delivery reimbursed, and buy the remaining items with the amount on the gift card. This way we can install our Kitchen over July 4th like we were originally hoping. The salesperson on the phone was REALLY patient to help my husband figure out the math for this "trick." He understood our desire to use the gift card towards the Kitchen and was willing to help us work it out! We bought everything needed to install countertops (& sink), floors (ie: toe kicks), and appliances... we will just be waiting on a few non essential pieces. (What, maybe a few days to a week?)

I hope this helps many of you! I'm so excited for my new kitchen!!!! =D

Renov8or thanked Ashley Zimmerman
  • Luci Lova
    5 years ago

Good luck! I really want to see everyone’s new kitchen.

• Luci Lova
    5 years ago

Good luck! I really want to see everyone’s new kitchen.

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    At Ashley Zimmerman. We also have a vacation planned on June 30 and I’m not ready nor have time to go to the store to purchase before. I guess when I come back from my vacation I’ll go early to the store to purchase everything. Actually, they’re coming to measure my kitchen tomorrow!
  • Mid America Mom
    5 years ago

We used the card toward buying the laminate counters, kitchen cabinet organizers, some food ;-) , and extra left over for hopefully buying a dining room storage solution.

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    I have Ikea kitchen designer measuring at home. He just told me the sale has been pushed back to July. So I’m not sure of the date. If he tells me I’ll post it.
  • wiscokid
    5 years ago
    I also think if you’re trying to perfectly time an install based around an IKEA delivery, especially one with as many pieces as a kitchen, you’re asking for trouble. They’re not exactly known for their delivery prowess.
  • PRO
    Scherr's Cabinets & Doors Inc
    5 years ago

We'll be announcing a sale as well starting July 1st in celebration of our 40th Anniversary being in business. It will be a sale on doors and drawer fronts, which can be made to be used with IKEA cabinet boxes. We'll post more information this week!

Everyone who uses Houzz has been so good to us, we thought we'd tell you guys about it first!

Follow us on Houzz for more information!

Renov8or thanked Scherr's Cabinets & Doors Inc
  • leah
    5 years ago

Any word on whether the sale is actually starting today?

• Lisa S
    5 years ago
    Guys and gals, there is a sale!!!! My husband is placing the order as we speak
  • Lindsey Stewart
    5 years ago

This is on their website…IKEA FAMILY members who spend $2000 or more on a single kitchen purchase (before tax) will get 15% back in an IKEA Gift Card to be used on a future purchase, plus free delivery. Offer valid June 27 – July 29, 2018

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    I would like to know what type of sale is Scherrs offering.
  • PRO
    5 years ago

@drmagda

5% off all door and/or drawer orders and an additional 5% off if you order them unfinished.

Check out our website for more details - Navigate to our Houzz page, (be sure to follow us!) then head on over to our home webpage for a complete description of our sale.

• jrb085685
    5 years ago

@Scherr's where could a person get information on prices for upgraded Ikea doors? maybe even a "for example" price.

• PRO
    5 years ago

@jrb085685 The best thing to do is send your IKEA plans to sales@scherrs.com along with the following information: style#, finish choice, wood species, extras, shipping address, and contact info. Head over to our website for more information on available options. Then we can work up a quote. Quotes are free and can usually be generated within a day or two of being requested, three or four if we get really busy. We're happy to work up a quote for your IKEA plan, even if you know a few details will change.

Being a build-to-order custom shop makes it difficult to show prices in any way that would be helpful or reliable to everyone. There are thousands of different ways you can order your doors; moreover, there are different discounts and/or fees that apply to different situations. We don't want to discouraging anyone from asking for a quote, and we don't want to lead people on thinking prices are better than they are if some of those discounts don't end up applying to you.

• HAYDEN ELLE
    5 years ago

I hired IKD to get my IKEA kitchen design started https://inspiredkitchendesign.com/ and be ready before it's sold out...last time I couldn't get my items on time because of it. They do have great reviews here https://www.houzz.es/pro/ikdo/ikd-inspired-kitchen-design?irs=US

• Casa Costalota
    5 years ago

We listed our kitchen for free on Craigslist if someone helped us remove it! Worked wonderful and now we have a new set of friends! Less demo landfill!

• Roy Ellis
    5 years ago

Is there ever a 20% sale? I keep seeing “15 to 20%” sales posted everywhere, but all the sales I’ve seen for the past couple of years has only been 15%.

• jrb085685
    5 years ago

Roy, we've bought 4 kitchens over the past 7 years and never seen anything except 15% off.

• Hillside House
    5 years ago

We got 20% with our previous kitchen four years ago, but I've only seen it once since then... maybe two years ago? And that one was in gift cards, while ours was an actual discount.

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    Got my kitchen cabinets in....
    Renov8or thanked drmagda
  • leah
    5 years ago

Just got my Ikea order in! Semihandmade doors are in already, so I guess it's time to do this thing...

Renov8or thanked leah
  • drmagda
    5 years ago
    @leah I’m still waiting for finalizing the doors with Scherr’s!!
    Renov8or thanked drmagda
  • PRO
    5 years ago

@drmagda

Working on your order this morning! :)

Renov8or thanked Scherr's Cabinets & Doors Inc
  • PRO
    Renov8or
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I'm getting close to ordering. One more meeting with the contractor friday to go over the final plan. Everyone's progress is motivating me!

• drmagda
    5 years ago
    @Reno I’m just pending to purchase the doors, sink and faucet (although I have an idea of sink and faucet). Everything else has been purchased and starting date has been set.
  • alex9179
    5 years ago

Joining the club!

I ordered on the last day. I'll be contacting Scherr's again for my doors and a couple of custom cabinets I'd like them to make, though I know what I want. I'm waiting a bit because we don't have a good place to store them, while the house is gutted, and I want it to be insulated and drywalled so we can have everything in conditioned space. I'm hoping for Sept. delivery and install.

,We're finishing up electrical today and were supposed to start plumbing this week. That may be delayed due to a forgotten item (by the GC, they've had the specs for a while) needing to be added to the permit.

I have sinks, faucets, and all appliances except for the dishwashers and vent hood. Spoke with the company we want to use for countertops, yesterday. Framing has been added for deeper countertops. It's very exciting! My one dilemma is cabinet hardware. Nothing is singing to me but $$$ options and, that's not going to happen.

• leah
    5 years ago

Assembled the cabinet boxes! House is a disaster and our builder friend is coming on Monday to start tearing the kitchen apart. So here we go!

• daslater
    5 years ago

I was told by IKEA at the Vaughan, ON, Canada location that the next sale is Oct 1. No discount details were available at the time. I am ready to purchase after a few minor changes and decisions. Can't wait.

• ellajoan1
    5 years ago

Any idea if Canada and the US have followed the same timelines for their sale? We are all ready to order, but hubby fears they won't have a sale within the 3 month window of ordering. We'd like to order ASAP. Hoping they have another November sale, but our Michigan IKEA kitchen rep didn't know if they would.

• Hillside House
    5 years ago

According to my store here in Utah, sale is early October, with a 10% discount. No order minimum to receive the discount.

Not a great sale, IMO. I wouldn’t think too many people would have problems hitting the minimum, so this is just low for no reason.

• ikeafanatic
    5 years ago

Next kitchen event is October 17 though the 11th of November. It will be a stright 10% off with no minimum. If you buy planning during this time and schedule it say December 20, you will have 30 day from the time of planning to still get the 10% off.

• A B
    5 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Relatively new to these forums, but I've been trying to figure out Ikea sales for a while.

I'm based in Canada, but hopefully people in both Canada and the US can comment.

It seems like the last few sales have been tiered with a 10% floor, and then higher options based on appliance purchases.

But my reading makes me think that, at least for a long time, Ikea sales used to be tiered based on total expenditure (not on the purchase of appliances).

We don't want to buy any Ikea appliances. But we are likely to spend at least 7 to 10K on cabinetry and countertops and stuff like that.

Do you think it's worth continuing to wait for a "total expenditure" tiered sale, or does the recent trend indicate that it'll likely continue to be appliance-based? When was the last non-appliance-tiered Kitchen Event in memory, where you could get up to 20% based on total expenditure?

Many thanks,

AB

• Hillside House
    5 years ago

I got 20% off (tiered, based on amount only) in summer 2014. We did happen to buy one appliance, a dishwasher, but it wasn't required to get the full discount. It was also the last year before they switched from Akurum to Sektion, which may have had a lot to do with it.

I haven't watched *every* sale since then, but I have been pretty aware of most of them, and have purchased during sales twice in the last two years, since we moved to our new house and started renovating. It has maybe hit 20% once, but if it did, it was with gift cards, not an instant discount. And I'm not totally sure it did, to be honest. I think 15% is about as high as they seem to be going now.

No appliance purchases have been required in the sales I purchased, though. (Summer 2017, and again in fall 2017, when we got a retroactive price adjustment for quartz countertops we purchased in Sept.) We purchased more for our final project just a couple of weeks ago, and will be hitting them up for another price adjustment as soon as the sale starts.

I'm in the States.

• Toto
    5 years ago

@ A B - I'm in Canada too, I found this link here was quite useful https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/ikea-canada/page/ it has all the Ikea flyers for sales from 2012 to present. It gives you a rough idea of when sales for different things at Ikea will be coming up as they tend to follow a similar schedule every year.

You can also see what was offered previously - I've also been looking at the kitchen sales (though still a ways off from actually purchasing), and it seems like the tiered format with appliance purchases has been the norm for quite a while, though I can't remember exactly when the last one based on total expenditure was.

I have heard of people buying three of the cheapest appliance (which I think is the Luftig vented extractor fan $44.99), getting the discount and then selling them on craigslist later on. With a $10k purchase, the extra 10% discount would cover the cost of three of the fans and still save you money.

• PRO
    5 years ago

Just going to drop this here...

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio