SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmh520

kitchen help! counters, backsplash, layout

Rachel Halas
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Need help/advice with a few issues.

Kitchen remodel to begin end of Feb. Layout basically same with a few tweaks. My current kitchen pics posted below with inspiration pics below those.

Stove wall: replace 30" RANGE with 36" gas cook top, ss hood, ss shelf under hood. Cook top knobs in front or on top of cook top? I'm thinking knobs in front - cleaner and doesn't interfere with grates and pots/pans area.

Fridge wall: Move fridge to left about 2.5 feet and add speed oven and single wall oven to right of fridge. Fridge with ice and water inside for cleaner look. Tall pantry cabinet to left of fridge . We removed french door and replaced with single door to allow for this pantry cabinet space. End of cabinet may be angled towards large window/kitchen table area. The large picture window has been replaced with a triple casement.

Sink wall: Remove window above sink as mudroom was added on and window now looks into mudroom. Add open shelves (2 wood or white?) above sink to extend over to right towards mudroom door. Lower caniets will be extended over towards mudroom door with angled cabinet at end (match other side where fridge is).

Island a bit larger 3-5" to accomodate 3 - 4 stools tucked under.

Two Hicks pendant lights over island and iron horizontal chandelier over kitchen table.

Perimeter cabinets white shaker with dark quartz tops - maybe eternal charcoal in matte/suded finish. Marble look quartz for island top, gray island cabinet.

I'd like a clean, airy, simple look but not cold or boring. I like modern farmhouse, cozy feel.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments (13)