SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahelmers1

A Toast to the Hostess

runninginplace
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Now that the holidays are over, I want to tell everyone who created that holiday the whole family/friends/extended circle enjoyed: GOOD JOB!

My late stepmother was a professor of occupational therapy and boy did she understand dynamics and logistics of organizing holidays. I truly miss her this time of year as a sounding board because she 'got' what it meant to be the one who makes it all happen.

She understood how exhausting and how draining it can be for those of us who don't get the easy pleasure of walking into a clean and holiday-bedecked house that smells of delicious food cooking with a stack of nicely wrapped presents under a beautifully decorated tree. Those of us who don't get to just bring a casserole or a cake as our contribution to that wonderful dinner served just at the right time, after the snacks and before the decadent dessert and coffee that magically appeared after the dirty dishes were cleared. Those of us who shopped all over for all the ingredients and supplies, those of us who have been hectoring the husband, the kids, the dog (LOL) for days to get everything ready. Those of us who spend hours after the party cleaning and tidying and putting everything back in order. Those of us who smile with quiet satisfaction knowing we put together what everyone called as they left 'a great time', 'wonderful Christmas' and 'best get together ever!'.

It's about much more than the day itself and now that stepmom is gone, this group is the only place I really feel I know other women who Get It. So ladies, a toast to all of you and on behalf of all the guests who enjoyed a carefree day because of you-thank you very much for all you did to make it a wonderful experience for all!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz