SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amhers104

My new kitchen needs help with finishing touches!

amhers104
6 years ago
Looking for some advice on what to do over the small kitchen window in new house. It is small so don't want to cover it- and completely private when looking out the window. It is screaming it needs something to me- i just don't know what. The space above the window is 18" high x 40" wide. Pretty much all white kitchen- which is open to dining area and living room. I went with all white subway tile – now I’m thinking maybe I should’ve done some sort of inlay behind the stove. I did have a decorative platter resting on the tile but became too much of a pain with having to move it every time I used the gas stove top. Want to do blue and greens as accent colors.
Also have this empty space between the refrigerator and sliding glass door. It is 26” wide x 24" deep. Again, looks like dead space that needs something. I am planning on getting a long narrow console/side board for behind the table. I love getting different ideas and suggestions from all the creative Houzzers! All ideas greatly appreciated. What should I do with space over the kitchen window, next to sliding door, and even though hubby will not like it, should I have the tile guy come back and add an inlay behind stove (I don’t even know if they can add tile on top of tile??)

Comments (15)