SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corrie_funk

How many colors is too many?

C
6 years ago

Hi there, we live in a 935 sq ft condo, North east facing. We need to repaint everything and have already done the living room and hallways in a soft yellow (hoping to do accents in a fun, bright green and orange) and our master bedroom is in a earthy dark green (with dark teal and orange accents). We have a spare bedroom that still needs to be painted as well as our kitchen and two bathrooms (one is our ensuite to the master bedroom). We are also planning on doing a major reno on the kitchen and two bathrooms but not the spare bedroom. We would like our main bathroom to be "Bali" inspired with wood and stone so am thinking a possible grey and accent it with the same blue from the master bedroom. The ensuite we are hoping to keep earthy, do we paint it the same color as the bedroom? Bring in a tone of the green into it, match it with the feel from the main bathroom? or bring in the accents from the bedroom that are orange and dark teal?

The kitchen feeds into the livingroom so the yellow from the hallways and livingroom will somewhat be connected to the color we decide on in the kitchen. We would like the kitchen to have dark cabinetry but still be bright with dishes and cloth accents in fun colors like a green, orange or blue. We have no idea for the spare bedroom we only have a dark wood cabinet in there now so really the sky is the limit for this room. Is this too much in a small space condo? I like things to be unique and different from popular styles but I don't want it to be too busy or overwhelm the sense. i was thinking that each room could be different but we would bring in the same accent colors into each room so there was a common thread. Any suggestions for success or pitfalls to be aware of are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Comments (7)