SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txrawhyde

Master Bedroom - About to give up....

Bryan H.
6 years ago

After 25 years of marriage, 2 kids and 15 years in the same house putting everything in front of what we wanted, I thought I would surprise my wife with a bedroom make-over to create a romantic escape.

I retained the services of an interior decorator, met several time and we were moving towards a (modern) British-West Indies look when I told my wife about the plans (which was a good and bad move). She LOVED the idea of a romantic MB make over (and definitely deserves it), but wanted to go with a very light grey wall and not do so much yellow and beige anymore... West Indies look scratched, we discussed the new direction with the decorator and purchased new bedroom furniture based on the new idea of grey walls and expected to move forward from there. That's when it took a crazy turn, the designer got frustrated since the original "clear vision" for a West Indies look was gone and stopped returning our calls even though I had been paying her for the consultations all along.

All that being said, now I am gun shy to hire someone else, beyond frustrated at the status of the room and feel horrible for what I have started and not been able to finish for my wife because I know it would mean so much to her.

Every night when we go to bed it is a reminder that we have spent a lot of money and have gotten nowhere. I know she is very disappointed, but she is definitely not a decorator and without direction we have been like this for 6 months now and it is depressing. We have light grey walls, bright white trim and crown molding, with light beige carpet(at some point we would like to change out for hardwood engineered wood. Attached are images of the bedroom and furniture. Please help... this is something I so desperately want to do for my wife, but I have run out of ideas.

Thanks to everyone in advance,

Tx

Comments (49)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH