SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Need Kitchen Appliance Help

suseyb
6 years ago

We are purchasing a new home. It's a 2006 tract home that is filled with builder grade appliances. I plan to install new flooring, paint the cabinets, get new appliances, new sink, new countertops, etc.

Currently, I have a slide-in Electrolux induction range. It's the one that has the double "oven" with the top oven being larger than the bottom. The bottom oven is really a glorified warmer. I've used this for 7 years. It was one of the first of these types of ovens out, and we had issues with it in the beginning, but those issues seem to be resolved. We will not be able to bring it with us. There is a coil range in this home right now, and I think I need to update the range first.

Budget is a huge priority this time, whereas it was not when I purchased the Electrolux. I cook a ton, as I have 7 children, 6, of whom are home most of the time. I cook in huge quantities and cook daily. I've looked at the bottom of the line Frigidaire induction range, but I don't know if that is going to be my best option. I had considered getting it, and then getting an Advantium OTR microwave/speed oven.

OTOH, there is a Dacor Renaissance range at my local Nebraska Furniture Mart for $1600. It's quite a bit more than the Frigidaire, but I'm concerned I will hate the Frigidaire, after using the Electrolux for so long. Gas is an option, but I would have to plumb the kitchen for gas first. It seems like after the Frigidaire, the next price point for induction ranges is $1900. So - Frigidaire/cheap Dacor/something else?

I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on. Flooring will come next. Pic of the awful kitchen...

Comments (15)