SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luluq07

Smell in my house, desperate!!!

Lindsay
6 years ago

Hi all, i will give a quick background on my house. We bought my husbands grandmothers house 1960s rancher- she was the only one who has ever lived here.. but she rarely left the house and had pets that would urinate on the hard wood floor.

when we moved in we put carpet down, painted the walls.. put in a whole new HVAC system. Everything is new! But my house still smells. I have had multiple companies come out and try and tell me what the smell is, and its just an old must smell. Its not too noticable when we are home, because of cooking smells. But if we go away for a weekend and pack clothes our clothes smell, our bags smell.. Its driving me crazy! I dont know where the smell is coming from and i feel like we have exhausted all options. We have been here 4 years, we open windows when its nice out.. I feel like we have tried everything and Im desperate to get rid of the smell..

Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be, or who i can contact to help determine where the smell is coming from?

Thank you

Comments (93)