SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcostanzo84

Cape style home Curb appeal needed, located in New England

Marissa Martin
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

New homeowners looking for major budget friendly help with our Cape home. I'm not a big fan of the gray siding as I prefer greens, browns, creams & a natural look, but that will not be changing! The first picture is a better picture of the coloring as the rest are from the listing which the coloring was edited. It is a light gray siding, burgundy shutters. So far, I'm thinking to paint the shutters a black or green black (can't think of any colors that would work to my liking) , new wooden door, black or copper large light fixtures, new house numbers...I would love to eventually add a porch however I have no idea what it should look like. Also, maybe update the walkway to brick or stone? Please help with pictures preferred :) FYI, the addition to the right is our sun room followed by a deck. The structure behind that is our garage.

The front of our home is facing a main road, so not sure I would want to invest in a large porch across the front since our land, driveway, garage and deck is to the side and back of the home. We use our side door on the left of the house (which also needs a facelift!) but mostly our sliding door from the deck as our main entrance since the driveway/garage is the closest to that door. Never use the front door, but would still like it to look good!

The fencing is not my favorite either, I have posted more of "my style" in fencing pictures below, but again, I don't think that works with the look of the home. any ideas for fencing? Was thinking maybe a half stone wall in the front and more natural fencing in the backyard? Get rid of the bushes lining the driveway and fully fence in the backyard for our dog and child. As far as the plants- those can go too, see last 3 pictures for my garden style..also think English garden..not structured, more flowy.

Comments (5)