SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shfirebaug

Exterior facelift, help needed please...especially with paint colors!

Shelly Firebaugh
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My husband and I are in the process of doing an exterior cosmetic facelift on our home (replacing old trim, painting, etc) and we are really stuck on paint color selection. Nearly every home on our street is a shade of tan, taupe or beige, so we'd like to choose something different. Our current color is like butter with white trim. I'm not sure how else to explain it. It's not exactly yellow, but it's not cream either...Our roof is a reddish-brown color. We don't plan on replacing our garage door or adding stone or other accents at this time. The house has a combination of stucco and wood with vertical trim. The front breezeway leading up to the porch has downlighting and we had planned to paint the underside of it white. Our backyard has a bluestone patio with some stacked stone accents (firepit, water feature, steps from dining room to back patio) in subtle shades of tan, cream & gray. We have an outdoor kitchen coming off the back of the house with a concrete countertop & wood with a natural stain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Photo posted is the front of the house in its current state. It's scheduled to be powerwashed and painted in about a week so time is really of the essence here!

Comments (5)