SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krisbry

TimberTech Legacy v. Fiberon Horizon/Symmetry

Kristin S
6 years ago

We're finalizing plans for a new house in the Pacific Northwest which will have a large, partially covered north-facing deck. For this location it seems composite might be a better fit than wood, which would really take a beating from the combined dampness of the PNW and the near constant shade of its north-facing location. Our builder recommended looking at TimberTech Legacy, and our own research has brought Fiberon into consideration. Most reviews on here are quite old, however, and the products have been redesigned since then. Does anyone have experience with the current generation of the products? Any recommendations for choosing between the two? I believe the Fiberon will be less expensive, which we'd love, but if the quality is still there.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    6 years ago

If you cannot select one or the other, pick a third one and go with Trex Transcend...

• Kristin S
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Is there a reason you prefer Trex? It was my least favorite based on appearance and texture, but we haven’t yet ruled it out.

• 3katz4me
    6 years ago

I thought there was a Trex class action lawsuit. Not sure how that relates to standing by their product.

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    6 years ago

That lawsuit was settled and they covered deck replacement for affected customers. As a matter a fact right before the winter I was looking at the deck where people filed the claim and it had nothing to do with that lawsuit, and Trex is replacing the entire deck with no questions asked, not to mention this deck was done in the early 90's.

• PRO
    TimberTech
    5 years ago

Hello! Sorry for the late response on this! If you haven't already purchased your new deck, then we encourage you to try out our deck calculator, we have different price points to meet your budget!

https://timbertech.com/resources/decking-calculator

Thanks for considering us!

AZEK

• matgraphic
    4 years ago
    We’re in the same situation and have several friends that have built with TimberTech and it has held up for a solid 8-10 years so far.

Legacy collection from TimberTech happened to be our visual favorite after going to an expo... but price point is tough to swallow. We’re working with a wholesale company and they said we could get the same two color combos in a similar FiberOn Symmetry collection and save a decent amount... we just have to decide budget/aesthetics/durability etc.

We’ll be investing $5K-$9K in retro fitting an old pressure treated deck I built in 2003 and were done staining and power washing.

I’d love to know if you found any significant differences between those two brands that helped sway your decision.

Cheers from Ohio!