SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elisia_ellis30

MASTER BATHROOM REMODELING DISASTER

Elisia Ellis
6 years ago

So we had our bathroom remodeled. Choosing white and natural colored mosaic tiles. The bathtub itself was slightly broader than the original pink tub we had, so the bathtub wall had to be extended to accommodate the broader tub. The initial tile work on the walls were neatly done, but then came the last bit of tiling above the tub and that in itself was a disaster to say the least. As photos speak for themselves I don't thin I need to explain why I am VERY unhappy with the remodeling that was done. At this moment I have no option to have everything done from scratch as we used our savings to remodel the bathroom. The faucet is way off center. And note the position above the bathtub from the side. We demanded they adjust the position of the faucet, but apparently it's not possible to re-position the faucet according to the renovators.

Also contractors that did the work did not even bother to clean up afterwards. I had to do that myself. Our bathroom door on is covered in grout and tiling cement that cannot come off, and we have these fancy colonial doors. I'm stuck with a similar scenario with the mosaic tiles. It's smudged with grout and tiling cement. The had to completely redo it as some the mosaic tiles started slipping off. The redo job was just as bad. Needless to say I tried so scrub that mess off my tiles and it does not come off. The faucet was also damaged because they used the wrong tools to remove it and the handheld shower head is caked up with tiling grout and cement. I cannot used stripper on it as it is basically plastic that is chrome plated. The nozzles are also clogged up with dirt and cement. To tile the floor they used a very light brown grout that blends in with the floor tiles (which has a beige wooden look to it) and then proceeded to grout in the toilet with dove grey grout. We gave them instructions to use the light brown tile grout on the floor. In some areas it appears as if they mixed up the two light brown and dove grey grout. And upon cleaning the shower walls I also noticed areas where the tiles spacers were grouted into the walls and some of the tiles have hairline cracks.

Is their anyway this remodel disaster can be fixed without causing more damage. We have a very low budget at the moment.

Comments (20)