SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rg_marketingonline

Help! Repair dent in textured engineered hardwood floor?

I have a thin wood veneer engineered hardwood floor with deep wire brushed grain and a matte unfinished look. Last night I dropped a chair and the leg of the chair made a hole in the floor about 1/4" deep, and 1" wide. The hole is deep enough that you can see the veneer is pushed in but you can also see pieces of plywood underneath.

Does anyone have any experience fixing dents or scratches on textured wood floors? I've searched for hours and there is nothing about fixing this kind of floor. I've watched a lot of videos on filling dents with wood filler, sanding and spot refinishing but the problem with this is, my floor has lots of texture so I can't sand it. The area around the hole isn't raised, its just concaved in the center of the hole.

Would my best bet be to fill it with wood filler and try to replicate the wood grain texture by using a small knife to create grain lines?

The chair also left a small white paint scuff around the hole. Is there any way to remove this from the textured floor without sanding?

Floor looks almost exactly like this.

Comments (2)