SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jarrod_dent

Possible Disease or Bug Problem with my Raspberries

Jarrod Dent
6 years ago

I am hoping someone can help identify a problem I've got with my raspberries (Chilcotin) and one boysenberry plant.

I planted canes towards the end of Winter, and they have been growing fairly well. New canes have started growing from each of the old canes, however on some (about 50%) of the new branches, I notice some of the branch is damaged (or eaten away), in a semi circle kind of sore on the branch (see photos below). Shortly after the leaves from that branch fold over and wilt until dried out and die. The canes are still growing but I think it is losing growth potential with about half the branches breaking off. Initially I thought it was wind as it has been a bit windy lately, but I think it might be a disease ( or bug problem) now as not all raspberries are showing this problem (Tullameen are OK). However, the boysenberry cane also seems to be suffering as well, but to a lesser extent to the raspberries.

Any ideas on what is causing the damage to the branches would be appreciated. Also, if there is anything I can do to help prevent it?

Thanks!

Not sure how to attach photos to the post but they are here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FqhXMMWHBxPPpwsg1

Comments (2)