SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcgray5

Match kitchen crown color or remove all together?

K C
6 years ago

I live in a ranch home and just remodeled my kitchen using Wellington Ivory cabinets with a cinnamon island and hood to match. The moldings go all the way to the ceiling and I have matching moldings in the room that is directly connected to it. (It used to be a formal dining room but we removed the wall). We have an open floor plan so I can see the living room, foyer and hallway from the kitchen, though it is separated by a header. Right now all the trim in my home is white (baseboards, crown, windows, doors, ceilings). I'm having most of the interior doors and trim painted, a lot of which are visible from the kitchen. I have paint that is the exact color and sheen of the cabinets and I assume the crown in the kitchen should all be that ivory color but what about the baseboards? I also have a French door (in old DR) and window (above the kitchen sink) so I'm not sure what color to paint those either. My island (when its done with the fabricator) is Golden Beach granite (which has both white and ivory in it) and I have a white Rohl farmhouse sink and matching bar sink. I've read that the moldings should match the cabinets but what about the rest of the house? I would consider removing the molding from the old DR if that would make the decision easier or more aesthetically pleasing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (13)