SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

Paula, are you still among us? Please let us know you are OK.

It is with some trepidation that I write this... in the event my worries are unfounded but wading into deep emotional waters nevertheless... in the hopes to reach out to Paula aka Ilovetogrow and also to comment on the continuance of the Alphabet that so many of us love and look forward to.

I have been concerned, since 2015 that Paula may have suffered a great, personal tragedy. I hope I am so wrong but had an immediate gut reaction to her dedication of the 2015 Alphabet but I sadly did not think to reach out to her and it has stuck with me all this time. Paula's posts since then have been extremely scarce and I think we were extremely fortunate when she graciously agreed to take it on yet again in 2016.

I have attempted to seek her out in a "Hey, Paula" thread but failed to capture her attention. Another forum member also tried this year as well but to no avail so far - it seems neither of our attempts were successful. Now Dave and others are reaching out to Paula yet still no word from her.

I hope I am wrong about the possible circumstances surrounding her absence and if I am, I am sincerely sorry to have brought this up in such a public fashion. But it is worrisome not to have heard from her by now. She is missed by so many of us...and not just for facilitating the Alphabet.

Paula has accumulated so many TC hostas and a lot of them are at least 5 years old now. I miss seeing her pictures of their growth and progress every year - I think of her as our resident Queen of the Lakesides! She has so many and is an avid Lakeside advocate.... making me one too in the process! :-)

Paula, if you see this, could you please pop in and say hello? We miss you.

RE: The 2017 Alphabet --- In the event we do not hear from Paula within the next few weeks, and we want the Alphabet to start on December 26th, I suggest we have a plan B in place - a volunteer to start the Alphabet.

Paula did a fantastic job, year after year and we just assumed she would do it again but it may not be fair to have that expectation of her, or of anyone else for that matter, year after year....unless of course they don't mind and opt to run this event consecutively.

I would love to volunteer but I hesitate to start it knowing I would not be able to finish it due to travel in January and February.

I've opened the discussion - now it's over to you all for input. Let's hear your thoughts.

Jo (quite absent this past season but still hanging on).

Comments (15)