SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
csimmons222

Help with an Area Rug under Dining Table

csimmons222
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am in the process of buying a dining room table for our new construction home and need some advise on an area rug to go below it. I am looking at buying the table, bench and light-colored fabric chairs shown in the picture. I have also included a few pictures of the kitchen prior to moving in.

The table will go in front of the kitchen island and sit between the kitchen and the living room. It's a pretty open floor plan, with a 8' wide x 7.5' high entry way between the living room and kitchen. We will likely add some large barn doors over the entry way for both style and function.

If I was to choose a style for our home, I would say it is transitional. I like natural elements, such as metal and wood.

We will likely paint the walls a blue gray in the kitchen. The backsplash has not been selected yet.

I came across the rug shown below and think that it may work but would like your thoughts as well. If you have other ideas for a rug, or even a dining table, then I would love to see them.

The table is 80 inches x 40 inches. The rug shown below is 9 ft. 9 in x 7 ft. 9 in. The rug has a cut pile design, hand woven and made of wool.

Comments (3)