SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maitals

Help with furniture layout in open concept family room

M S
6 years ago
Hi! We are currently in escrow for a new home and I want to take advantage of some of the sales going on now. The pictures attached are from the listing and include staged furniture (not mind). The floorplan is large and open between the kitchen and family room. The staged furniture is oriented around the fireplace. This makes for a small family room and leaves the middle of the room looking empty.

I am thinking about doing a large comfortable gray fabric sectional with an “L” shape on the right and chase on the left facing the backyard. If we push it back far enough it won’t block off the fireplace. We already own a large modern dark leather chair and ottoman that my husband loves and perhaps could go to the left of the couch (it may be too much if we do a chaise on the left side of the couch, so we may have to do one or the other). The main issue would be where to put the TV. I am thinking about putting it in between the window and sliding door. If it’s too big for the wall, then on a TV stand. We already own a dark wood square leather tufted ottoman/coffee table we hope to use.

What do you think about this layout idea? Any ideas for a couch?

What do you think about the TV on the wall vs stand? Any ideas for a stand?

Thanks!!!

Comments (2)