SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vadermom5rs

Family photos in dining room: a designer’s faux pas or is it ok?

Cortney
6 years ago
I’ve read different opinions about putting family photos in the dining room - can you guys help me clear up this dilemma?

I’ve had these frames for years and I’d like to finally hang them up but, I’m not sure where. I’d like to be able to see the pictures everyday so I’d rather not put them in a hallway that I rarely go down. However, I have limited wall space on the main floor of my new house. So I was thinking of putting them in my dining room. Is it ok to put family photos in your dining room?

We are not really formal people; we are much more family oriented and it will normally just be my husband and me along with our 3 kids in that room. Dinner guests would really only consist of family or close friends. Can I get away with it or would I be better off finding another space for them and find art we like for the dining room?

Here is a picture of my dining room (I know that the big mirror doesn’t look good there but I was just filling space when I moved in) and here is a picture of the frames I’d like to use. (I have sooo many other frames that I could use, too, if those frames wouldn’t work.)

Thank you!! :)

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County