SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajackson1179

Help with a long narrow living room

A Jackson
6 years ago
We have a long, narrow living room with a fireplace that is all the way over on one wall, a cut out to the kitchen on another and a large sliding glass door on another wall. I used to have the tv stand on the wall right next to the fireplace and then put the couch in the center of the room with one side under the kitchen wall, but it made the room feel cut off. When guests would come no one would sit on the couch. It also made for a cramped space for the kids to play. We have been playing around and came up with the layout in the pictures. I was wondering what people think of this layout or if you have any other suggestions. Was thinking of getting 2 small slipper chairs to put on the wall with the fireplace. Right now the sectional is blocking the part of the slider that doesn’t open, if it looks okay we will keep the couch. Or we could replace it with a regular couch and an oversized chair, which wouldn’t block the slider.

Also, what color do people think goes with the couch (if we keep it)...grey tones or tan/wheat/beige tones. My accent colors are a farmhouse blue/teal and a golden yellow. Just looking for some advice as I would like to find an ideal layout and get a new rug, maybe a couple of chairs and possibly a new couch. Just not sure what layout is best for our space or where to begin. Thanks

Comments (8)