SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ehrlich

Small space decorating dilemma.

Tami Ehrlich
6 years ago

I've just about finished my living room kitchen remodel on an 900 sq ft ranch that started out 3 very small rooms that are now all open to one another. The space has a lot of doors and windows and no entry closet. I've arranged my existing furniture in the best arrangement that I could come up with. I need help with decorating, style and lighting. First off I need a table for the small dinning area and what should I put on the wall in that area? I also want to replace the door there, that leads to the garage. Should I go with a stained door or painted a color? I thought about a rectangle or square table

in a wood material. However I don't want it to end up too rustic or industrial looking. I love mid century style mixed with elegant pieces but like the industrial styles too. I feel I need to accent one wall also but none of the walls have much surface area for art. I also need suggestions for the TV area, I was thinking some type of wall shelving that would go with a med century media console below the TV. I also need more light in the living room and a light over whatever dinning table I purchase. The dinning area is 7.6 x 8. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm replacing every thing that's currently in the space. Thank you for your help.

Comments (56)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz