SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aawood22

Kitchen layout critique please!

Allison M
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I need some advice on how to layout our new kitchen. Picture below is a starting point. The kitchen is about 17 ft wide and about 9.5 feet to the back of the island. The short wall of cabinets is an exterior wall to the back yard, the island opens up to the living/dining area and at the end of the long wall of cabinets is a walkway into the mudroom. We have a large pantry, so I'm not too worried about storage. It's my husband, our two children and me, we entertain occasionally and I'm the only cook. We'll have 42" from cabinets to island, 36" on the closed in end and the other end will be open. I don't want a prep sink (had one before and never used it) and don't want the range in the island. I thought main sink would be good in the island and I don't mind having dirty dishes where people could potentially see them. With sink in island I will also have DW, garbage/recycling and beverage fridge in island.

The layout seems to have everything crammed in to the middle, but I don't know what would be a better layout. I'd love to hear from some of the experts here if anyone has any suggestions!

Comments (35)