SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ookpik32

Losing my mind shopping for an oven

Lou Smith
6 years ago

I have spent many, many months researching online and in person. I've read a kajillion reviews and every time I think I've made a well reasoned decision, I come across some piece of info that makes me question again.

I am in a condo. I hate the space that collects things between my current old school stove and the countertop, and that things can get under the oven. So, I thought I should get a wall oven and cooktop that will need to be placed where a normal range would go (so, not on a wall, but integrated into the lower cabinets).

I cook A LOT. I probably won't use convection so don't think I need it. I was hoping to spend under $3000. My dream is to have a side opening oven door (but I know I'll likely have to give that up)

I found a frigidaire with side opening door, but I found a thread on here, and somewhere else about frigidaires catching fire and cooktops exploding. I've looked at a lot of different GE wall ovens, and some slide in ranges as well so at least there's no gap between the countertop and the cooktop. But I've also read some terrible GE reviews, and complaints that there is a gap at the back of the slide in stove - that's it's not flush with the wall.

I'm doing a complete kitchen overhaul and feel this is my one chance to get it right.

I'm completely losing my mind. Please help! Thank you.

Comments (7)