SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rantontoo

Got Happy “Teary-Eyed” Last Night...

rantontoo
6 years ago

...when I looked at the overall effect of painted cabs, stained cabs, wood floor, and my disliked stained wood windows/trim. This is a preview of my soon to be finished kitchen...finally!

There were several constraints I had to work within. I refused to consider replacing the cabs with the same color of the cabs I took out (matched windows/French door), and DH refused to consider painting the trim...BIG sigh! After 37 years I had oak wood “overload” syndrome but worried that an all white kitchen would not visually go with all the stained wood windows, trim, French doors. DH wanted all grey painted cabs which I liked but had trouble visualizing working well in the space with the tones and colors we had to “meld.”

I truly agonized over this decision. We ended up with greyish-brown stain on alder which lets some of the warm, natural tone of the alder show through (hopefully to tie in the trim/door stain color) and White Dove painted cabs. It may not be a combo that everyone likes, but I think it is going to “work”; thus my tearing up last night. I have had this nagging anxiety since I made a final decision and placed my order...I feel so much mentally “lighter.” Sorry about the poor lighting right now!

Comments (12)