SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Happy 5-year anniversary, kitchen!

rebeccamomof123
6 years ago

Well, it's been 5 years for this workhorse of a kitchen with our family of 5. She's endured late night parties, hours upon hours of homework, hundreds of meals, arts and crafts projects with glitter and glue gun spills (thank god I chose granite!) a new puppy, and let's not forget the marinara explosion of 2015. I mean, that stuff got EVERYWHERE. She's held up well over the years and I really do still love everything about her, including the functionality, ample storage and layout.

But, it's been 5 years. That's like dog years for a kitchen. So, I'd love suggestions on how to make some simple changes to bring her to almost 2018 versus 2013. I really haven't changed much of anything over the years, except I do have new counter stools (the stools in photos below are the old ones). I've been ogling over a wide black and white buffalo check print tie up valance to replace my DIY burlap window treatments. I also go back and forth with the idea of a long narrow reclaimed wood 'island', to warm up the space. Any other suggestions?

Comments (13)