SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
mlbstar00

Anyone have a ZLINE range?

Matt Walker
5 years ago

We are building a house and torn on appliances. We'd really love to go the route of a pro-style range, but the prices are at the extreme high end of our budget. We came across the ZLINE ranges. Anyone have an experience with those ranges?

Comments (938)

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    7 months ago

Hello @Andrew P,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are so sorry to hear about this experience. Customer service and satisfaction are always one of our top priorities so we would love to help in any way that we can. Please email contact@zlinekitchen.com with order details and contact information so that we can further assist you. Thank you.

• Ted Roberts
    6 months ago

Has anyone at ZLINE read these post and realized the gas range problem is your grates are too long. Lift them up about 1/2" to 3/4" and the problem is solved. I'm waiting for someone to make aftermarket ones. Can't keep anything warm on the stove even with 4 of the burners turned all way down with the flame adjustment. Thanksgiving dinner......we can't even get a frozen pizza to cook evenly.

• Related Discussions

Anyone own a Zline or Best range hood? Opinions?

Q

Comments (0)
    I just purchased a house with a gas 36"x24" Wolf stove stop and NO exhaust hood. I need a really nice commercial look...but I need a really good/reliable motor. Zline and Best. Anyone own one? My old Viking was good. How about Dacor?
    ...See More

Has anyone bought a whole ZLINE kitchen suite of products?

Q

Comments (3)
    Hey Mike, We bought all zline products for our kitchen and have had a great experience with both the products and the company. We got all black stainless steal appliances. They look beautiful and work great! We had a small issue with our range after the installer left but zline went above and beyond to rectify the issue and shipped us brand new range. I would highly recommend their products! I'll try to get some photos for ya!! Good luck
    ...See More

Has anyone used 2 Zline range 28.5" inserts side by side?

Q

Comments (3)
    Follow-up for those looking at two 30" side by side ranges: Pro Line Range stated that yes I can use two inserts which ironically they are all 28" not 30". Wish their inserts were at least 29" wide to have 58" over the cooktop. ProLine Range Store stated two inserts will work safely. Their website shows a 28" range insert that provides 900 CFM, which would work perfectly since 1800 CFM exceeds what I need. What sucks is that they are back-ordered for at least 3 months. I spoke with Appliance Leaders 2033 American Avenue, Hayward, CA 94545, US (510) 876-5626. Sean explained that Vent-a-Hood is the ideal but that is super pricey. Since we are becoming house poor, he said that two of the ZLine 28.5" inserts will work fine w/o voiding any warranty since I set-up the electrical for two units and I have two exhaust holes. At least I will get 57" using two ZLine inserts too. My research shows NO 60" ZLine range hoods or inserts exceed 1200CFM, which is actually quite stupid (IMO) & really poor marketing by Zline. The Zline has lifetime and 3yr on the motor itself which is very reasonable for the price point. More people are creating outdoor kitchens &/ or indoor luxury, Kosher, "chef" kitchens etc. I see more people are using 48" plus wide gas ranges or two 30" gas ranges side by side. These kitchens need over 1200 CFM especially for outdoor kitchens. Also a reminder: you really need a window near/ next to your gas ranges or cooktop to crack open when you use your gas cooktop for safety. The cracked window allows ventilation of fresh air into the kitchen and helps exhaust out the fumes, Carbon Monoxide, and smells through the hood exhaust from your gas cooktop.
    ...See More

Faulty Zline dual fuel

Q

Comments (7)
    Hello Johnson Brothers Contracting, Thank you for your comment and we are so sorry that you feel this way. We typically recommend customers to view our Google reviews as we find those to be the most accurate and consistent with our overall customer experience with our products. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    6 months ago

Hello Ted Roberts,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. We recently increased the height of our grates, which should solve the issues you may be experiencing. Furthermore, if you are hoping to get a warranty service please email contact@zlinekitchen.com.

Thank you

• peabody1990
    6 months ago

I purchased a z-line ……. thinking I was getting an awesome looking home/professional looking range. Service, parts, quality of oven - all scarey !!!!!! especially the quality of the oven. I like to bake pizza at 450 degrees…… fire hazard concerns !!!! Dishwasher - on my !!!! Never knew when it was going to run-or not. Customer service was horrible… I FINALLY got in touch with a rep——- FINALLY !!!! Zline totally refunded my money along with shipping and handling. I purchased a Thermadeur range, which included a dishwasher. LUV LUV LUV IT ——- Meets beyond expectations. Pricey———but worth every penny.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    6 months ago

Hello peabody1990,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, but we are glad we were able to help resolve those issues with you. If you have any future questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to us at contact@zlinekitchen.com.

• elkhornoregon
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

We rebuilt our house after the wildfire in 2020. Our entire kitchen is ZLINE and we coudn’t be happier.

Our 36” gas range is a beautiful beast paired with a powerful 4 speed professional range hood.

The drawer microwave is a gamechanger. Free counter space and no fumbling over a range. It has all the power and options we need.

Our dishwasher is top shelf. it can do it all in relative quiet. We like all the load options, particularly the upper silverware shelf.

We are very happy we chose ZLINE for our kitchen.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    4 months ago

Hello @elkhornoregon,

Thank you for your nice comment! Your kitchen is beautiful! We always love to hear about positive experiences from our satisfied customers! Please let us know if you have any questions.

• bikerchic600
    4 months ago

@ZLINE Kitchen and Bath how do we get these new increased height grates?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    4 months ago

Hello @bikerchic600,

Thank you for your comment. We would recommend reaching out to our customer service team to ensure that you purchase the correct high grates compatible with your unit. If you would like please email contact@zlinekitchen.com for the best assistance. Thank you.

• jansouthey
    3 months ago

If you are a serious cook/baker then this is not the range for you!  We bought the 36inch dual range and installed in November. I had looked at various ranges but chose this based on price (renovating a fixer upper) and positive reviews on others sites. How I wish that I had found houzz reviews 1st! The oven temp is off by 50 degrees, so when baking you have to watch the temp all the time and adjust. I have 2 thermometers in either side of the oven.  The oven window is narrow  that you can only see the bottom rack unless almost lying on the floor. The gas cooktop has one plate that is 18000 BTU's the other 5 are much lower so if you want to sear at high temps/stir fry not a good option. It's a pity as a nice looking range but I definitely wouldn't buy another Zline.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello jansouthey,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you could please reach out to our customer service team at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information and order number, we would love to see how we can resolve this issue with your range!

• HU-157908577
    3 months ago

ZLINE needs to get their act together. I just changed my plans to buy a ZG-BR-30 range....... Will be looking at other brands now. Thanks Houzz!

• HU-920036594
    3 months ago

We purchased a ZLine range and we are so disappointed. The burners, which have barely been used, do NOT click to light unless I turn on the oven. The oven light does not come on at all. This unit is brand new and I have tried calling but can never get through. Honestly, I do not have time to hold all day; left a message, and response.

I had the gas man and electrician come out - they both reported it is a faulty range. ZLine please contact us so we can get this replaced.

• HU-157908577
    3 months ago

Why do most of the online appliance outlets have hundreds of rave reviews for the ZLINE gas range? Are there any long term owners on here with positive a experience? Or any other comments? The ranges are beautiful too bad the negative comments here raise red flags.....

• Kelli Dozier
    3 months ago

I have a Zline range and have had it for 1.5 years - it does not get better...only gets worse. I would not purchase it again. it is a beautiful range but if you actually need to cook I would spend more money on a range that works properly.

• Donna Roesink
    3 months ago

To answer the question raised by a poster recently- I think that some of the reviews on online sites are bogus. Who is going to police those comments to see if the person really has the product? In the past year, we built a house, and I picked out and purchased all of our appliances. I almost pulled the trigger with an ebay seller that liquidates zline ranges. The range was so good looking, and it seemed to have all the bells and whistles I wanted. I am so happy that I looked into them before I bought a zline. After that, I looked at refurbished Wolf and Vikings on ebay for about a month, and then decided that I couldn't take the chance on one of those. I really did want a Wolf or Viking, probably because I wanted that status symbol, I will admit that. That wish passed, and my practicality set in. I ended up ordering a Thor Kitchen 36" gas range. They had two to choose from, I really wanted the more expensive one, it had an infrared broiler and different control knobs, but it seemed really close to what i bought. Mine was $2500, the other one was $3500. I knew my husband would not be happy with me had I purchased the more expensive one. I think alot of times, we all want something really functional, but we also want the beauty, and the status of a big, commercial name. The Thor Kitchen I bought is made in China. I am happy with it.

• Andrew P
    3 months ago

Again, very sad. You ending up buying from China instead of the US due to poor quality and service but looks beautiful. Can you image if ZLine got their act together they would really take over the market. ZLine needs to find some investors to takeover the company and make it right, I ended up with Samsung but I wish it was ZLine.

• jwvideo
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

>>>" ... ending up buying from China instead of the US due to poor quality and service . . . I ended up with Samsung but I wish it was ZLine."<<< Did you mean to suggest that Z-Line ranges aren't made in China? If so, note the following from the faq on Z-Line's website:

"Our products are assembled in ZLINE owned facilities in China, with parts sourced from the US, Italy and Germany. All ZLINE appliances are designed in the USA by Founder Andrew Zuro and his team, and shipped from our facilities in Nevada, Ohio, and Tennessee"

For comparison, Thor Kitchen is a US company who sources its ranges from the Hyxxion corporation's factories in China where the stoves are assembled using parts sourced from various countries such as the U.S., Italy, Germany and elsewhere. Same thing with the Kucht and NXR brands (also made by Hyxxion.) . There have been numbers of threads on all three brands here over the last decade and those threads have had reports of component failures and poor warranty service like those seen here.

What's strikes me as unusual about Z-Line is the sheer number of posts in this thread --- 905 as of this writing --- as compared with the threads on Thor, Kucht and NXR. Is Z-Line perhaps selling a lot more ranges than the other companies? (Full Disclosure -- FWIW, I've had an NXR range for a decade.)

Judging by the postings here over the decades, service and support problems seem endemic to a market segment where most companies have market shares too small to support broad and prompt post-sale product support compounded by margins that seem too thin to attract the kind of investors who could "make it right" for the customers who have posted here about unresolved problems.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello HU-920036594,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for this inconvenience. Please reach out to us at contact@zlinekitchen.com. We would love to resolve this issue and we look forward to hearing from you.

• Tom P
    2 months ago

we are remoremodeling our kitchen to that dream kitchen people always brag about lol new cabinets floors bla bla bla. while shopping around for everything we noticed Zline. looks attractive and so is the price. we ended up doing some research and tried calling Zline now 8 times in the last 2 weeks. NOT ONCE have they picked up. makes you wonder before you spend 10k on a new set up. i think it makes sense to add a few more grand and go with a company that you can reach just in case you have problems like some of these people on here. yes i know every company has problems but at least you can talk to customer service. their product is also made in china. so much for luxury. any input would be appreciated.

• callis41
    2 months ago

Hi, i originally had an issue with my dual fuel zline range and zline replaced the unit at no cost and i have not experienced any issues. On the flipside i spent more on another brand for my refrigerator and it has been serviced 6 times and although they pickup faster when i call, i am still dealing with repairs as they will not replace the unit. i wish zline had a better customer contact center solution but in the end they made good - in case this helps you in your decision.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello callis41,

Thank you for your comment and we are so happy to hear about the positive experience you have had with your ZLINE range. We apologize for the inconvenience and experience you have had with your refrigerator. We are always happy to help with any issues or complications. Please reach out to contact@zlinekitchen.com if you have any further questions!

Have a great day!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello Tom P,

We apologize for the inconvenience as we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. However, our customer service team is working diligently to get to each and every case. If you have not yet already, please message contact@zlinekitchen.com to best reach out customer service team.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

• Tom P
    2 months ago

all you did right there is verified my fears. there is no way you have a customer service department when i called 8 times in two weeks and NOT ONCE NOT ONCE had anyone picked up the phone. only an automated message and the phone hangs up. i would recommend people STAY AWAY FROM ZLINE

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @Tom P,

Thank you for your comment and we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We hold customer service and customer satisfaction to the highest standard and we strive to do our best to resolve all issues in a timely manner to ensure that customers are satisfied with their product. If you would like, please send us a DM on Instagram or Facebook (@zlinekitchen) with your contact information and case number. We would be more than happy to connect you with a ZLINE customer service representative.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• 22harley
    2 months ago

Tom P. We also tried to call ZLine customer service before purchasing back earlier this year. We could NEVER get in touch with anyone. We were considering purchasing the ZLine. After reading the reviews and trying to call ZLine customer to no avail we went with the Kucht. We are extremely happy with our Kutch. My husband called customer service before we purchased and Kucht answered with a live person. They followed the shipment all the way through and kept us updated. The shipment was a few weeks late but we were informed every step
    Of the way by real people snd emails. The performance is fantastic! I like it better than our Viking we had. It is the 48” dual fuel. Love love love it!

• Eliis LaTulip
    2 months ago

We have had ZLine 36” stove, range hood, convection/microwave and dishwasher for 2 months now. We cook a lot at home. The performance has been absolutely fantastic. The most powerful stove I have had. No complaints no problems. Unfortunately we ordered our things before they came out with refrigerator. We got GE Cafe to match the zline handles and that piece of crap has given us only problems. Whole month without the refrigerator because of horrible costumer service by GE. So there’s that!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @22harley,

We sincerely apologize for your experience.

We hold customer service and customer satisfaction to the highest standard and we strive to do our best to resolve all issues in a timely manner to ensure that customers are satisfied with their products. If you have any further questions or concerns, please send us a DM or contact us at zlinekitchen.com/contact.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @Eliis LaTulip,

Thank you for your comment! We always love to hear about positive experiences from our satisfied customers! If you have any questions, please let us know!

• HU-97347081
    2 months ago

, I after .

• Mark Weinberg
    last month
    last modified: last month

Context. We have owned a Viking 48 in range and oven for years and have had nothing but trouble. So, for a second home we ordered the 48 in Autograph series. It arrived from Reno to SoCal literally overnight. So early in fact that we had to store it while our renovation was in progress. It is now installed but we have yet to even boil water on it. I am writing only to share that it is a strikingly beautiful unit that appears to be well built . I completed a customer service form tonight, a Saturday evening, and got a personalized, informative response (not a canned auto-response) within minutes!! This is blow-your-socks-off customer service. A very good omen. I’m jazzed and hope the performance is as good.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello Mark Weinberg,

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy to hear about your positive experience. Our customer service and satisfaction is very important to us. Please let us know if you have any questions down the road!

• Scott Ryan
    last month

I've had my 36" dual fuel range for just shy of a year. first the cooling fan blew out on the first use. it took 2 visits to get it repaired. it also took many emails and messages to even get a human to speak to. the gas burners would not ignite either, that turned out to be faultily spreaders and a new set remedied that issue. I've been noticing that things take longer to cook/bake then recipe calls for. other thanksgiving ( i hosted) i could not get anything to cook. had to use my 10yr old oven in the basement! I went and bought two oven thermometers, seams the oven is off by more than 75 degress.. the worst part of all i can't get the oven to heat over 325 digress! that's confirmed my two separate temp gauges. even when on high bake. now...... 5 emails sent, one generic response and nothing back after 4 more emails. you call and get put on hold for 15 mins and then prompted to send a email... I am so disappointed. I was offered a new range last year but i didn't want to the hassle of removing and re installing so i just had it repaired, I want a new range it this one returned! Z-line, if you're reading this, please email me at scottr6002@gmail.com

part of me wants to take this range back to homedepot where I bought it and show it off in the parking lot to any curious consumers....

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello @Scott Ryan,

We sincerely apologize for your experience. Thank you for taking our phone call earlier this morning. We hope to rectify the issue with your range as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• jd Svo
    26 days ago
    last modified: 26 days ago

The gas ranges are recalled- carbon monoxide threat. Once again, Z-Line outsources the whole repair process. The oven function on these has always been very sketchy with LOUD fan blower internally and 4X the rate of venting vs. a normal range (bet to keep the logic board from frying- bad design) . As of 2 years ago, there were exactly ZERO appliance service outfits in the Denver-Boulder area that were willing to work on these. "A disaster" is how the most reputable local service outfit described these. I expect mine to get repaired about never. My wife bakes our bread every week- she has a lot of food allergies. Guess we can forget about that for a while. Lesson learned- pay for the crazy Wolf et al or buy G.E.

I bet the class action lawyers are getting excited.

• Lynn Rundbaken
    26 days ago

i bought my gas range two years ago does this recall include alll gas ranges How do you know there is a recall?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    26 days ago

Hello @jd Svo,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you and your household. We are working diligently to rectify this situation for all affected 30" and 36" gas ranges. We are currently processing your registration and the parts needed for your repair. Once the parts ship you will receive an email with tracking information. We expect to start scheduling customers for service next week. We truly appreciate your patience and cooperation. If you have further questions or concerns regarding this voluntary product safety recall, please refer to our dedicated webpage at: www.zlinekitchen.com/recalls.

Thank you.

• Laura Coblentz
    26 days ago

ZLINE 30-inch and 36-inch RG gas rangesHazard:

The oven of the gas ranges can emit dangerous levels of carbon monoxide (CO) while in use, posing a serious risk of injury or death from carbon monoxide poisoning. This recall involves the oven compartment of ZLINE gas ranges with model numbers RG30, RGS-30, RGB-30, RG36, RGS-36, and RGB-36. For ranges purchased after 2020. 28,000 units. The firm has received 44 reports of carbon monoxide emission, including three reports of consumers seeking medical attention.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    26 days ago

Hello @Lynn Rundbaken,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To confirm if your range is affected and qualifies for the voluntary product safety recall, please refer to our dedicated webpage at: www.zlinekitchen.com/recalls. This resource will include FAQs and more information on the voluntary product safety recall.

Thank you!

• HU-97347081
    26 days ago

I bought a Zline gas range and microwave in late September. The oven stopped working in mid October and the microwave stopped heating in mid November.. They gave me the run around, and never fixed either. Authorized a refund at the end of December. Hope all who have a recall get their range repaired soon. Good luck!

• petefoxdk
    21 days ago

I bought a Zline gas range which has now been recalled due to carbon monoxide poisening risk (which in itself is scary to think about, when you have two small prematurely born twin babies in your house).

I submitted the recall form over two weeks ago, but have heard nothing yet. I then called the phone number on the notice and spoke to a (very unfriendly, borderline rude) lady who told me they did not have any estimate of when I would receive my repair kit, what so ever. She wouldn't even say if we're talking weeks or years.

So at this point, we're stuck with an oven we can't use and no idea of when (if ever) it will be fixed. We started talking to a lawfirm about a potential class action lawsuit against Zline, and I'll of course follow up here when I have more information about that.

• Tomer V
    21 days ago

@petefoxdk Same here - our oven has been emitting CO and setting off the CO alarm. We registered for the recall on the first day (2 weeks back) and still have not heard anything in terms of ETA / updates.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    20 days ago

Hello @petefoxdk,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your household. We have been officially approved by the CPSC for all units and will start shipping out the oven repair kits by the end of the week. Once the parts ship you will receive an email with tracking information. We truly appreciate your patience and cooperation. If you have further questions or concerns regarding this voluntary product safety recall, please refer to our dedicated webpage at: www.zlinekitchen.com/recalls. Thank you.

• Lis Riley
    18 days ago

I sure hope so Zline. We've had issues with our oven smelling like gas since day one. The igniter went out, got it replaced but smells like gas even more now and when it lights, it makes a huge scary sound. Looking forward to getting this fixed or repaced ASAP.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    15 days ago

Hello @Lis Riley,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for this inconvenience. Please reach out to us at contact@zlinekitchen.com, or send us a DM on Facebook or Instagram (@zlinekitchen), with your contact information and order number. We would love to resolve this issue and we look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• Tomer V
    13 days ago

FYI, I just received a shipping notification that the repair part has been shipped by FexEx.

• Angelia D
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

We love our Zline dual fuel range and microwave! Thirteen months and no problems as of yet

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    11 days ago

Hello @Angelia D,

Thank you for sharing a photo of your beautiful kitchen! We always love to hear about positive experiences from our satisfied customers! Please let us know if you have any questions.

• PRO
    Martin Industries
    2 hours ago
    last modified: 2 hours ago

Interesting it seems Zline visits this page.

Gather 'round kids, let me tell you a tale: We researched ranges hard for our upcoming kitchen remodel, unfortunately gas is not an option for us so we decided to go ahead and take a chance on the 36" Zline induction range.

Out of the box we were stars in our eyes oooooh how pretty. The one thing I noticed, however (foreboding music) is the gap around the edge of the cooktop. Juuuuuust large enough for crumbs and liquid. But, where does it go? And how do I clean it?

Two weeks in and it was starting to become an issue. So I snapped some pictures and sent an email to Zline Customer Service. They came back with a recommendation for some little brushes off Am--n. These things are worthless. This gap is narrow but DEEP. All the little crumbs go down in there and you can see them but you can't reach them. Then any tiny amount of liquid because--duh, you're cooking--and you have a nice slimy slurry down there.

Another few weeks and I email them again. Yeah, the brushes don't work.

They said, and I quote, "try a safety pin or paperclip". So their suggestion is, every time I cook, I should get out my trusty safety pin, and go digging into my few thousand dollar range (ignoring the 'knife-in-a-toaster' feeling I'm getting) to pick at this disgusting mixture which--spoiler alert--this DOESN'T WORK.

But hey, I'm game. I tried the brushes and pin for a few weeks. Then emailed again and said ok, let's be honest, this is silly. I need to know how to clean this. They said "up to you".

Every other induction range we looked at had a seal around the edge. Never in a million years would I have thought they would leave it open. I honestly expected an "oh shoot, that's a mistake" email the first time. I can't even imagine in what world you would logically think this type of design is ok, without making it somehow accessible for at least periodic cleaning?

So now I have a lovely new range, set to be a showpiece for our soon to come remodel, which will probably be full of mold and smell like an unplugged refrigerator 3 months from now.

I will warn EVERYONE away from this product that I possibly can. Even though I was stupid and didn't listen to the reviews doing the same.

The sad part is, aside from this issue I actually love the range. I love the oven. I can even deal with the scratches on the top of the stainless. But this is just...disgusting.

Thanks Zline. Seems this is my only recourse...reviews and comments everywhere on the internet I can possibly find.

Sure, the grains of rice I can flick out with my trusty safety pin. The rest of that mess? Just lays down there and taunts me.

(Ignore the crumbs to the left of the range, it's imperfectly filling the spot of the old range for now until the remodel so it doesn't fit right)