SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinklilyshop

How much lip around drop in tub?

K D
6 years ago

I would like to get a drop in tub because I found one I like that it is affordable and has a deeper water level. And I like the look of building the box under it vs acrylic tub side. The tub will be surrounded by walls on 3 sides, but since we are building the 3rd wall, we can make the space bigger to fit a lip around the tub, but that will be a closet wall, so would not like to take too much away from what will be the closet. We would like to deck mount the faucet on the lip because the only convenient wall to mount it on is where I would prefer be the side where your head goes in the tub. How much lip do I need to be able to mount a faucet? And I am leaning towards a faucet like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/American-Bath-Factory-F900-series-Old-World-Bronze-2-handle-Fixed-Deck-Mount-Commercial-Bathtub-Faucet/50287399

Also I want to be able to clean it easily, so I need space for that. I plan to tile the lip and then tile up the wall a short ways. Would a 3 inch lip on all sides be big enough?

Comments (2)