SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jencaljil

Please help with floorplan - master closet and bathroom.

B Carey
6 years ago

I'm meeting with my designer/draftsman end of next week to redo my closet/bathroom area. The whole space sits between the Living room (against the fireplace wall), hallway, and master bedroom. I am showing where I intend to put the dresser in the bedroom as I do not want a door in that space. Ideally, I would rather have the dresser sit back into an alcove as I think it would better allow for a chair or two by the fireplace. This is not a requirement though.

The bedroom could move either way some if it makes sense, but would effect the powder room and mudroom entrance.

Closet/Laundry:

I am hoping to have his and hers closets with an adjacent side by side washer/dryer. I do not need a laundry sink in that space, but a longer run would allow for that. I would like her closet about 7*10 (ideally with a window) and his closet about 7*6 ( to allow clothing on 3 sides). I would prefer to be able to have a door from the hallway to the W/D...and would plan to vent through the attic if that was the case.

Bathroom: Ideally I want a his and hers side of the bathroom, maybe both sharing access to the shower. I have sort of given up on this as it doesn't seem to be working out. I would still prefer 2 separate toilet closets though. Must have a good sized (4*6 or so) shower and a whirlpool tub (wanting to put shelving on one side of tub...not a tub in the middle of the bathroom). Also want a makeup vanity space in addition to counter space and a linen closet.

Exercise room:

I want an exercise room with windows along the West and North walls. We are building in a neat wooded area, and I think the views would be a fantastic way to start the day! I think a 9*14 or so room would be about perfect to hold several pieces of equipment. It does not matter if the 14 foot wall is along the West or the North wall.

The West wall is the back of the house. It is not seen by anyone. I am planning a deck off the North side of the master, so wouldn't want the North wall bumping too far to the North. Ideally, I would like to fit everything within these 2 walls. However, that is not a necessity.

Thank you so much for any help. I can't believe that I'm literally stuck on a bathroom and closets!

Comments (43)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Is this your drawing or the designer/draftsman's?

Do you not have confidence in your designer/draftsman?

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Mark-I drew the perimeter lines of the available space. Instead of uploading the current draft, I thought opening up the available space to all the great minds here would be of more benefit. While I do have confidence, I have seen some amazing spaces created on this forum.

• Related Discussions

Please help with Master Bath Floorplan

Q

Comments (17)
    Personally i don't see the problem with the way the tub is. I like it better than turning the tub on the side because the way Mary has it puts it under the windows. Mary I like the angled shower. Think it works well. Of course you will lose a few feet so you might want to first tape it out on the floor. Or better still, leave the shower as is, but instead of making the side facing the tub full glass, make the bottom half solid and the top half glass.
    ...See More

Master Bathroom Addition Floor Plan

Q

Comments (41)
    I like that plan a lot Keywest, except I would probably nix the window in the closet. Another design we are throwing around. Pretty much checks all the boxes. Door location is not ideal but workable. I really like how this one and yours above has everything open and allows for sunlight and a view no matter where you are in the bathroom. (Except on the toilet of course. lol) This design has a large closet door, and equally centered windows which is great. The toilet is right when you walk in, but I think by putting it in back in the alcove, and opening the door away from it like this, it wouldn't be too bad. Our current toilet is literately the first thing in our bathroom and it never bothered me or even occurred to me until you guys mentioned it on one of my plans. Not a deal breaker. This is my dream bathroom. I love the marble, grey vanity, bench, and especially the pony wall between the vanity and shower. What I'm imagining with built-ins above the tub, marble, and large windows. Our furnace is direct vent, and we are really limited on where we can put it due to crawl space issues. Pretty much have to put in in the addition, as per HVAC guy. Putting it inside the closet inside the bathroom on the far side is our best option. CO2 detectors are a must.
    ...See More

Master bathroom floor plan help please!

Q

Comments (13)
    Maybe you could take the small closet across from the entrance to the SE bedroom and combine it with your current master closet? Then keep the window in the bathroom by installing a pocket door into master bathroom, or maybe a barn door? That way you can save a little space. Move shower to external wall corner where there’s currently the small closet near the entrance, double vanity along new wall? Then you’d get light from the window bouncing off the vanity mirror. Maybe it would help the bathroom look bigger too. You probably already know this, but trying to keep plumbing where it is as much as you can will save you a lot of money! More money to put into finishes, or another project! Good luck! Remember, there are many good choices here, not just one!
    ...See More

How much does a floorplan design cost (bedroom bathroom closet)

Q

Comments (3)
    If you post the current layouts with detailed measurements and any must-haves, nice-to-haves, etc, you can get a lot of great advice here from professionals and other folks with talent in design. You may have difficulty finding someone who will do a plan for you who is not also involved in doing the work. Or you may be able to find a designer who'll do a plan for a set fee. Just remember when you start remodeling anything, there are always 1000 decisions and problems that pop up along the way. Are you prepared to deal with that as a DIYer?
    ...See More
  • imstillchloecat
    6 years ago

Pretty presumptuous... IMO

• jln333
    6 years ago

I can't figure out the scale which is a non starter. You need to provide more info in the drawing to decipher the impact on other things.

I know you want to compartmentalize this but everything you do has to work in harmony. Get a draft from the pro and then try to tweak it.

B Carey thanked jln333
  • Architectrunnerguy
    6 years ago

"I can't believe that I'm literally stuck on a bathroom and closets!"

Happens to me all the time. Coming up with a well designed house is an arguably harder task than designing a skyscraper where there's a lobby floor and 50 identical floors above it.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Imstillchloecat-I’m not sure where I came off as presumptuous....sometimes typed words don’t come out as we intended. I’m really just trying to build the best house I can.

Jln333-Sorry, I thought I wrote that each square is 1 foot by 1 foot. I can post again later this week, but thought maybe I would get more ideas from this group before I went in again. Yes, I may need to move the bedroom some to make it work...otherwise all these spaces are going in his corner of the house. There is not a 2nd floor, so The North and West line I drew in can be moved...although I think the back side will look less odd if The walls stay within these lines.

Architectrunnerguy-haha....yes, I can see that! Hopefully I can get this right before building!

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

Where are all the brave souls who are so helpful in re-designing other people's floor plans. Scared of a little blank paper?

• Architectrunnerguy
    6 years ago

Blank paper is a very scary thing. But what's even scarier is a client posting one of my house designs here!

• One Devoted Dame
    6 years ago

Where are all the brave souls who are so helpful in re-designing other people's floor plans.

Well, it *is* the weekend... Weekends can get kinda slow 'round these parts. :-D

(Also, it's easier to think through possibilities when the whole picture is presented, not just an itty bitty corner, lol.)

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a plan drawn yet that wouldn't get ripped to shreds by Houzzers. I think I'll add that to my copyright "Not to be posted on the internet".

• Architectrunnerguy
    6 years ago

I'd play "Fill in the Blank" more but increasingly there's no response from the OP. Like here recently: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4938662/first-time-building-house-feedback-please?n=15 And I had her first floor all fixed too but it appeared Michelle had left the building.

• Architectrunnerguy
    6 years ago

"I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a plan drawn yet that wouldn't get ripped to shreds by Houzzers. I think I'll add that to my copyright "Not to be posted on the internet". "

Have confidence in yourself. Not all get ripped to shreds.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Architectrunnerguy- Yes, I see many times where OPs get ran off this forum. I used gardenweb back when it was actually gardenweb. There are definitely less users now. Such a different vibe!
    One Devoted Dame-The hallway is actually stuck in this location due to connecting directly to the living room. The master bedroom could move some. Forgive me for not posting the whole plan, as I am happy with the rest....and don't want to get off-topic having that "ripped to shreds".
    I'm sure the current closet/bathroom section would be ripped to shreds....I'm not at all happy with it. I can post again after my next meeting if we come up with something better....but I was really hopeful that something would "click" before then!

• One Devoted Dame
    6 years ago

One Devoted Dame-The hallway is actually stuck in this location due to
    connecting directly to the living room. The master bedroom could move
    some. Forgive me for not posting the whole plan, as I am happy with the
    rest....and don't want to get off-topic having that "ripped to shreds".

Yeah, I totally know! I've only actually attempted to help someone twice -- once for furniture and window arrangement and once for a bathroom/closet space -- but the bath/closet was part of a simpler space, just upstairs beds; no thinking about how things directly impacted public spaces downstairs. It was also a tad more revealing, with a better idea of how furniture could be laid out in the master bedroom.

I know it's risky and has the potential to be super annoying, but you could always post the whole plan, and then completely ignore what you don't like. You never know what kind of ideas people will come up with that you hadn't considered before.

• Architectrunnerguy
    6 years ago

"Architectrunnerguy- Yes, I see many times where OPs get ran off this forum."

Some are run off, no question, but in this case it seemed to me anyway the comments where positive and written in the spirit of "Any feedback on the plans" as Michelle asked herself. She received lots of valuable feedback, and would have gotten more (like from me) but she left without so much as clicking the "Thank you" button.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, looking at it, I can see that. Clicking on her profile showed no comments (and oddly didn't even show any started threads?). I am sure that your ideas on her thread helped other watchers though....even if THEY didn't comment.

• cpartist
    6 years ago

B Carey, I'm not even sure based on your drawing what the space is you're trying to design, where the bedroom is, etc.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I drew the attached space. This is from the current concept sketch. My sheets weren't big enough to get everything on one sheet and still stay at a 1 square=1foot scale (and I didn't trust myself to keep it neat while changing to 1 square =2 feet!) So I had to layer the 2 sketches, they don't line up perfectly, but hopefully good enough? The "bench" on the angle in the entrance will be just a neat furniture piece if it is able to stay. I wanted to keep the mudroom out of the walkway...and I also liked that making it longer gave me a better landscaping space in the front of the house.

The "coffee" space in the master bedroom is for a coffee and wine bar. (the other side of that, the draftsman thought for shelves or a display, but I may prefer just a regular wall there...still undecided....would love to have a shelving spot at M/Bedroom entrance though). We will put a deck off the right side of the master bedroom. I definitely prefer the bed not to face the door to the deck though.

Need to add:

Her closet (prefer window)~~ 7*10

His closet ~~ 7*6

W/D space (can do vent-free or through roof) ~~3*6

Exercise room (prefer with N and W walls) ~~ 9*14

Bathroom:

-Whirlpool tub with shelving on one side

-4*6 shower

-makeup vanity

-1 or 2 sinks, but enough counter space

-toilet closet, but would LOVE 2 toilet closets!

-prefer linen closet

North and West walls are not set in stone. Since this is the back of the house in a bunch of woods (although a train track is about 200 feet off the West wall), nobody (except train conductor) will see the whole back of the house.

There is not a 2nd story, but will be putting kids rooms in walkout basement.

The other side of the house is the entrance/basement stairs/living room/kitchen/dining. Where the hallway comes into this space on the left is between the living room and front entrance, so at least needs to start in that space. The garage is a 45 degree angle garage, which I know a lot here aren't fond of. We will have a 1/4 mile driveway to the house, but have to cross a culvert to get to this clearing. The garage can't go on the other side of the house due to a valley, and even though we have a lot of land, the build site does not allow for a side entry garage, as the land has a lot of slope.

Otherwise, any of these rooms can be moved around. The closet in the hallway by the powder room would be for any guest coats....I just hate closets right in the front entry! Even though I am in the Midwest where we get all kinds of weather (sometimes on the same day), I have never hung a guests coat in my closet....they usually just get hung over a stairwell. But it would be nice to have a place for guests' items if they choose.

Thank you for looking!

• Mrs Pete
    6 years ago

I, for one, am not clear on just what the OP's expecting. It sounds like a jigsaw puzzle ... put together these items, exactly these sizes? I don't care for all the things for which the OP's asking in this space: Windows in closets are not a positive, and two toilet-closets make less sense than one toilet-closet. I also question why the bedroom isn't on the corner, where it could have windows on two sides.

Nah, I'm out of this one.

• cpartist
    6 years ago

Why is the bedroom not in the corner?

You do not have enough room to enter from the garage.

Your mudroom isn't wide enough when you consider you'll be trying to get winter clothes and boots, etc on and off.

3' hallways are the bare minimum and nowadays 42" is better.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Mrs. Pete-These are approximate sizes. Yes, I am probably trying to fit too much in the space! My mom's closet has a window in it and she just loves it...plus there is a canopy of 100 year old trees so I don't think my clothes will get faded. I don't really have a desire to have windows on 2 sides...seems harder to decorate around. I wanted to do a floor length window/door/window on the deck side. Hubby also wants the ability to add a hot tub off the master deck....and the ground slopes down towards the NW corner....so figured it would be better to put the hot tub at ground level which would be at the NE corner of the bedroom. Like I said, a lot of topography on this lot!

Cpartist-excuse some of my sketch...the garage entry should be 3 feet wide...and I drew the wrong mudroom line...it had 4 feet wide on the draftsman sketch...looks like I redrew the powder room too wide! The main hallway is 3.5 feet and the hallway other hallway is 4 feet. I put this together to show the adjoining spaces since devoted dame strongly suggested it.

SummitStudio-Thank you for your reply. I didn't like how the closet/bathroom space layed out but liked the rest. I agree I should relax. Thought I would throw it out there and see what others came up with. We spent 2 years (fulltime) looking for our land, sold out other acreage, spend the next 3 years with my husband not liking our build site, and the last year was spent trying to get the owners of the 1/4 mile drive parcel to sell, closing on that, then putting in culverts/pond/driveway. Been in our flip home for 3 years now...miss having space, chickens, farm kitties, and my huge garden. I'm in my late 30's, but don't see moving again. I know the house isn't going to be perfect, but yes...I do want to build the best house that has what I want for my several hundred thousand dollars.

• One Devoted Dame
    6 years ago

I almost offered to try to come up with something, but the more I thought about it, the more nervous I got, lol. Sorry!!!

I agree that this is absolutely not how a home should be designed. LEGO- or Minecraft-style (although honestly, this feels more like Tetris!!!) isn't ideal at all, and I am totally concerned that you have horrible orientation.

It's really, really, really best to minimize western exposure and maximize southern exposure for public/living areas -- as well as have a house that's *only* 1-2 rooms deep, including covered porches/garages -- and I'm kinda scared that if I saw the plan in its entirety, I'd recommend starting over with a residential architect and build a "letter shaped" house, lol.

Please tell me you have some serious awesomeness on the south side of your home!!! :-D

Out of curiosity, what is the architectural style of your house?

(I still may end up attempting something... Hopefully the kids will behave, lol.)

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

One Devoted Dame-Thanks, that is so sweet of you. I think I will just wait to meet with my draftsman again. I'm just stressed that I won't be ready to build this spring. I think I'll just post what we come up later this week to see if it can be made better.

Yes, I know that western exposure rooms have the sun beat down on them! My father actually commented that they always had to close the curtains in their old living room due to the sunsets. Since we are literally building on an undisturbed parcel of trees, the sun will not glare into the living room and eating space. Room locations were all decided based on the views we want from those rooms. The deck will be in an awesome location overlooking a little valley we have. It is a very different site. My husband wanted to be off the main gravel road. I'm attaching some photos from the county's site to show the dense trees....you can also see the train track(sort of looks like a road) and then a creek. The train track will be West of the house just a bit. I also am showing the topographic map...I marked with red where the valley is. I love the view off the valley, while my husband loves the view towards the train tracks/creek.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    6 years ago

Actually the valley is where the blue line is.

• jln333
    6 years ago

So you are violating a small convention - master bedrooms are in the corner. My last house still only had one wall with windows. I personally don't see the need for 2 sided windows into a bedroom but we are doing it this time. You have dense trees and a single window and that spells dark. Attached garage spells dark.

Here are my concerns. Lots of people like to exercise in the morning. Couples often wake up at different times so I am concerned about noise. The coffee station concerns me for the same reason. We have ours in a hallway just outside the master. First floor space is the most expensive and that is why I have never seen an exercise room on the first floor. If you are exercising, you can travel to another floor. Even over the garage where noise is not an issue and it can be climate controlled separately.

Are you sure you really want a make up vanity? I mean who am I to even ask. They were done in my parts back in the 90s and I don't see extended make up times ever coming back.

I am not sure you have enough room for coffee and wine. The challenge for us is creamer needs to be cold and red wine should not be so to do it right, you would need 2 fridges. Now that is a potential market - the coffee wine fridge. Cold for water, champagne and creamer with a warm part for red wine. Hmmmm.....

It is a lot of work to draw out the rooms on graph paper and then scan it in. It is much easier for us to pick apart your decisions....

• One Devoted Dame
    6 years ago

Okay.

Compromises (like that dresser!) had to be made. They just did, lol. ;-)

If you don't like it, I totally understand, no offense taken at all. I usually like to sit and stare at a design (once I think I'm done) for a day or two, but I wanted to get this to you as soon as I could. In fact, I'll probably look at this next week and go, "Good freakin' grief, why on earth did I do THAT???" :-D

Honestly, if you just *had* to have that dresser, you could sacrifice the 5' of hanging space in the closet, along the bedroom/closet wall, and put a dresser niche in there. I know you said "no doors" on that wall, but one was required for flow.

The closet with 15' hanging space can be expanded if you remove the laundry sink and put the washer over there, sliding the dryer down into the washer's current space. You'll gain 2'-3' of extra hanging space that way.

Towel hooks/bars can go on the outside of the toilet closet's wall, opposite the shower, as well as the little 2' corner wall between the shower and tub. Tub has a shelving niche to the right. Linen tower separates the vanities. I'd probably add clerestory windows in the shower, too, to bring in more light, and a frosted glass door on the Workout Room's south wall.

Oh, and a door (instead of a cased/arched opening) can be added to the bathroom, but I left it off because there seemed to already be too many doors. If you wanted to add one, I'd personally swing it out into the bedroom, so that it rests against the wall shared with the sink vanity/closet, to avoid door/sink/chair conflicts.

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

I would definitely put the exercise room in the lower level where it will be cool and quiet. If you leave it on the main level it costs you double since every square foot on the main level creates a square foot in the lower level.

• Samantha
    6 years ago

What kind of workout equipment are you thinking? If its anything more than dumbbells and yoga mats how are you going to get it down skinny halls and around 90 degree corners and thru doorways? I'd put the exercise room downstairs much easier to install and potentially more room for better equipment placement.

If it's yoga (or any other minimal equipment workout), make a large dressing room, that houses a shared closet wrapping the walls, one of those hollywood style vanities (all the lights and bling), the coffee/wine bar (gets the light and noise of the machines away from the bed), the laundry and in the center open floor space for yoga. With it being connected to the bedroom do you really need a linen closet or would cabs above and/or below raised machines in the laundry work?

You should really look at ways to combine what you want vs chopping it all up, your wishlist there reads like you want 7 rooms crammed into a living room size area. Sharing the spaces seems like you might be able to squeeze all that in there instead of devoting so much square footage to walls and you might be able to use that framing/drywall/paint/electric/trim budget to get nice closet built ins and deck the place out finish wise.

• Milly Rey
    6 years ago

Oooooooooooooh!!!! I just understood what the heck you were posting!!!!

Okay, a HUGE problem with exercise rooms next to a bedroom and a bathroom is that all 3 need to be different temperatures. The ideal temperature for a bathroom is upper 70s. A bedroom is ideally mid-60s. An exercise rooms is best low 60s for cardio, mid 60s for weight lifting. You will want extra vents plus smart dampers and thermostats to keep them distinct, plus insulation in the walls.

I'm not worried about getting equipment in there. My huge weight rack was carried in pieces--had to be. :)

You do need to be clear on how much space you need for exercise, though!

• Samantha
    6 years ago

ok I'm going to see if this quick and unlabeled drawing will post, first time trying this, ha! it worked ok this roughly gets what I meant about sharing the space

B Carey thanked Samantha
  • B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you everyone!

The main reason I am trying to get the exercise room on the main floor is the basement will have 3 kids bedrooms and a guest bedroom in addition to a Rec room. I did consider putting it above the garage space (and am still open to that) Getting rid of it on the main floor also minimizes my basement square footage, which I already feel is tight.

I’m not sure I agree that having a space to sit and do hair and makeup is outdated.

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

As long as the two floor levels have the same space requirements. Where people get in trouble is when they have 2500 s.f. of stuff on the main level and only 500 s.f. to put on the lower level. They're paying for 5000 s.f. and getting 3000 s.f. of usable space.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

SummitStudios-Yes. What I really wanted was a 1.5 story, but at least in my area, they are the most expensive build. My husband really wanted our oldest’ room above the garage. My kids are 7,10, and 11 now, so we really need good spaces for them (I hate the small kids bedroom trend). The most practical thing was the one story with a fully finished basement. Deciding to move the oldest’room to the basement also made the exercise room move to the main floor. I think it will be nice. The view from that corner will be awesome and we can get more enjoyment from windows on 2 sides of that room that 2 sides of the master. Our flip home only has one small window in the master, so the wall of windows/door in the new build should be a huge improvement. Although I don’t have a huge desire for yons of light coming in my master!

DevotedDame-Thank you for your ideas. I am just hoping that I can take some out of the box ideas and join them with what the draftsperson comes up with. I do realize I am asking for something complicated. But it seems to me that I should try to make it work before giving up on things that I have wanted....that haven’t really changed from my want list over the last 6-9 months.

• Milly Rey
    6 years ago

Basement kids' rooms will be a really hard sell. REALLY hard. I would do at least 2 upstairs.

#1 rule for building a home that keeps value: Don't be weird. Innovation is fine. Weirdness not.

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Milly Rey-Actually in Kansas City, a lot of the new comstruction is what they call “reverse 1.5 story”. Houses with nice masters on the main floor and nice high ceilings with additional bedrooms in the basement. It makes more sense to me than a 2,000-2,500 main floor with master plus another 1,000 2nd story plus a full (but not fully utilized basement)....and we don’t do scrawl spaces in the Midwest. At the point we do sell (if ever), I will not need to worry about maximizing every dollar. I would rather have my kids in a walkout level than 2nd story if there were a fire. Yes, they can escape, but we will have surveillance....and I bet they would take their cell phones, so we can track them from those. I don’t have a desire for a basement and a second story in 10-15 years when my kids move out either.

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

I currently live in a house like you describe. In fact all 53 homes in our neighborhoods are like this. The builder had problems building them fast enough for the demand. Main level master and one other bedroom everything else in garden level basements and a few walk outs. We got a walk out 'cause we're smart that way!

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

SummitStudio-I couldn’t imagine doing a reverse 1.5 without a walkout! I may not get a window in my guest bedroom but all 3 kids bedrooms will have at least one huge window and no window wells! Logic was I can do huge bedrooms for them with large closets. Hoping it works so they each get an awesome desk space for homwork/crafts/gaming/etc. they also should be able to have a nice lounge space to watch movies with friends/etc. You just can’t justify putting large kids bedrooms on the main or 2nd floor. Love my kiddos dearly but I don’t want them hanging out all the time in the living room/kitchen. :)

• Milly Rey
    6 years ago

Interesting! If it's normal for the area, then it's not weird. :) I make a habit of buying weird custom homes with steep discounts that are cheap to unweird. I don't have a beer budget, per se, but I certainly have champagne taste. ;)

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    6 years ago

This is not a simple project you can draw yourself and take to a draftsman.

• ILoveRed
    6 years ago

Summit and B Carey...another midwesterner here. I just sold my one story with walkout basement with 3 bedrooms in the basement. Full south exposure with large windows and French doors. Didn't even have to list it through a realtor. These homes are very popular here as well. AND....my real estate taxes were not based on finished basement space.

We do love our basements don't we ;-)

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

ILoveRed-I will get assessed for total square footage...but basement square footage counts for so much less of total assessment. Sort of scary though finishing out all of my basement space right off the bat! Everyone I know always likes to talk about what they will use the basement space for "when they finish it". I'm a few hours from K.C., so figure the trend will catch on here soon enough. I love finished walkout basements though...nothing like a big huge sectional to lounge around on! My main floor living room will be my pretty room and the basement living will be my "family room"

• B Carey
    Original Author
    6 years ago

On another note, I think I am giving up on getting the exercise room on the main floor. If I can't squeeze it into the basement, we may just move some cool farm building onto the property and use that for a neat exercise room (we find buildings and move them ourselves already so only a matter of time).

So now, I just need to figure out the best way to get a really nice bathroom and separate his/her closets plus W/D....

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz