SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsventure_5a

Advice re: rare Echeveria Maruba Beni tsukasa, A.K.A. Beni Kouji

mrsventure_5a
6 years ago

Hi,

I just bought this succulent, it's really beautiful and I especially love the caruncles on the leaves. There is very little information out there about this Echeveria, so I am not quite sure which conditions encourages the caruncles and how to care for it in a way that will make these warts appear more prominently. Is it similar to the E. Raindrops: more water smaller caruncles, less water bigger caruncles?

Picture coming soon in the comments.

Thank you!

Comments (4)

• Chris (6a in MA)
    6 years ago

I have this NOID echeveria starting to grow the caruncles. I’m not a fan of it and Id like to know what encourages its growth so I will try to do the opposite as I’m not a fan of the wart.

• mrsventure_5a
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Here are the pictures.
  • Paul MI
    6 years ago

Chris, caruncles, as you may or may not know, are considered normal and desirable in some Echie hybrids. Typically they are caused by exposure to very strong sunlight.

• bunkfree_4a_canada
    6 years ago

I also have one of these but mine has lost all of its caruncled leaves and now looks just like a regular E. nodulosa. I can't tell any of the leaf babies apart, either.

I'm going to set up some lights in my basement this winter, hopefully I will see new growth with caruncles.

kd

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio