SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbch2014

Blinds vs. Shades-OpenConcept-Sunlight&Windows

sbch2014
6 years ago

I'm looking for some help with decision making for choosing between blinds vs. shades. Moving into a new house with an open concept living room, breakfast area, kitchen. All the windows are in a row for all three rooms and they face the West side where the sunlight will be coming in starting in the afternoon. I'm new to Texas heat. I like the windows and would like to be able to look out and want something that is easy to maintain and clean. I like the honeycomb or roller shades due to the clean and modern look and I heard they are easy to keep clean. But I'm concerned that I will have to keep them closed due to the heat and to make sure the sunlight doesn't damage the floors. Some are recommending I go with blinds due to the Texas heat and sunlight so that you can keep them open and tilted and prevent the floors. I do not want to do drapery. What are some other options that people have done where there is a lot of sunlight coming in without breaking the bank. I'm attaching the pictures here of what it looks like when sunlight is coming in at 6PM...I don't have pictures of afternoon yet. I want to make sure the hardwood floor doesn't get damaged either.

Comments (17)