SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccinpa

AT&T/DirecTV Unauthorized Credit-Inquiry

None
6 years ago

On 04/11/2017 AT&T/DirecTV performed an unauthorized inquiry to my Equifax credit-report. Since then, I have filed multiple complaints with AT&T/DirecTV, Equifax, the FCC, and the BBB.

Currently, the Equifax inquiry has been changed from hard to soft. Please do not dwell on the fact that a soft-inquiry is non-impactive to my credit-score… Now it is about proving a point. The FCC and BBB are useless - Each complaint I file with them, they close when AT&T simply states they are working on the problem... Idiots.

At this point... AT&T reports they are unable to remove the soft-inquiry. Equifax reports only AT&T can have the inquiry removed. In addition, Equifax reports "this is their policy" - But will not put anything in writing that I can give to AT&T... Morons.

Well… That is my tale of woe. Help?

Comment (1)

• User
    6 years ago

Did you post this on the Disney forums and rose gardening sites too? Jeesh. The moron is the one posting on a home decor and design board about a credit issue that can only be resolved by reasonable conversation with the other parties involved. Not irrational ranting spam.