SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Recommendations for Counter Depth 36” Refrigerator

Helen
6 years ago

I have a small galley kitchen which I am gutting.

I’ll be putting in a counter depth refrigerator. I hate losing 6” of cabinet and counter space but 36” seems to be the minimum width with a decent amount of space.
I have pretty much decided on other appliances - a Bosch side opening wall oven and a 30” induction cooktop. I will post separately for advice on the cooktop as I am not sure if the Bosch Benchmark offers increased functionality justifying the price differential.

But relatively a lot of choices for refrigeration. I know I want a French door with bottom freezer. What’s the most functional configuration for the bottom portion. Two separate drawers? Or if one drawer, do the baskets have impact on functionality? I am aging in place so I am looking towards not being able to creep down to the floor to retrieve frozen items so ideal freezer would have best access with minimal amount of kneeling to retrieve.

And of course, recommendations in terms of the moderately upscale brands like Bosch, Samsung, GE Profile. I believe CR recommended. GE model Most recently.

Comments (27)