SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triffidmoss

Hoya bella doing her thing...

triffidmoss
6 years ago

Which is chucking tantrums and teasing me with buds :D

This is my B****y bella, as I call her. She is actually pretty chill for a plant, it's just compared to my obovatas or pubicalyxs for example she can get grumpy. If I move her to another room, or it gets too hot, didn't like what was on TV or let her get too dry/wet she responds by hurling some of her leaves (or some times her buds, the fickle cow) to the ground in a vegetative hissy fit. The good thing about that habit of losing a few leaves is that where the leaves were she grows a branch, thus making a fuller plant. She has grown from two small cuttings a year or two ago into a mad afro of a thing :D She was budding up recently but dropped her peduncles (water? temp? bad juju?) and is now going for round two...

This was last years flowers. Faint sweet smell and crappy photo taken on my old phone.

This is the nut job today, no doubt waiting until something else annoys her so she can fling more plant matter at me.....

Apart from that, she likes living here because it's a cooler climate. She went through Winter happily growing away and invading other hoya's personal space. I've moved some of her neighbours to give her room to stretch out (and give her more aim for the next bout of leaf throwing tantrums)

I've seen photos of some monster bellas so I know she is only going to get bigger and bushier!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County