SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Citrus harvest: ponderosa, sudachi, and Australian blood lime

Hi guys! You know I always like to report on the citrus I harvest, flavor, and recipes. The ponderosa was large and I just made lemonade. I wanted to relieve the tree of its heavy burden since it has other huge ones it is currently growing.

it was nice, but for its size, not as juicy as Meyers.

Now for the sudachi...wow! I absolutely loved the flavor! I have to admit, it has not been one of my favorite trees partly bc I did not know what do with it and thought it was not that special. I was wrong! I made salmon with it....used one sudachi to marinate it, then another (and the zest) to make a simple sudachi mayonnaise to put over the salmon. Everyone in my family absolutely loved the sauce and enjoyed the meal. It is a very unique flavor. I put the salmon over a bed of sorrel greens and sprinkled the sauce with the little pods of the blood lime. I served roasted spaghetti squash on the side. It was easy, healthy, and delicious. I have one sudachi left ready to pick and will make a sauce with it again. I was very very pleased with this little, but potent fruit.

Comments (8)