SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kvetchlambkin

First orchids

Home
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all,

I recently posted on the orchid forum asking for advice about an orchid my dad wanted me to help him care for. I had a lot of fun repotting his orchid and waiting for new growth. It started to feel like my collection of plants wasn't complete if I didn't have an orchid for myself. So I finally caved in and got a few mini orchids I've been eyeing! Since I've never purchased or owned any orchids before, I didn't have any idea of any reputable local orchid nurseries or shops. Instead I went to Trader Joe's where they sold the most inexpensive mini orchids I've seen so far.

I passed on getting a white/yellow mini orchid in the past and regret it to this day. Had to have this one to fill that regret!

I didn't find these pinks ones unique enough at first until I discovered one with a mutation! Definitely had to bring this one home when I saw how great and funky it looked. I'm really loving this shade of pink now

Last of all, the extremely dark purple buds on this one caught my eye. There was only one of this mini dark purple! Its current flowers have dried up and deformed because the roots haven't been watered for awhile but I'm hopeful the unopened buds will give me new flowers soon.

I know these orchids are probably not very unique or special in terms lineage but they're the most unique looking of the very common ones I've seen so far. If anyone has any reputable online sources for orchids, I'll go crazy looking through the catalogs!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz