SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crmuffin

Storing Luminette Sheers

crmuffin
6 years ago

First of all, I have a cat that loves to chew things (cords, especially). I didn't realize when I had Luminette sheers installed on my patio door, that my cat would chew on the backs of the blinds. When she chews, she drools, and I had brown stains on the back of the blinds. I finally got the stains mostly removed.

I can only have my curtains partially closed, and I put a 42" long PetSafe ScatMat strip in front of the curtains and double-sided sticky tape on the wood trim. When I close the curtains completely (which I want to do when it gets dark outside), my cat will get in back of the curtains (the area that doesn't have the ScatMat strip) and chew on the curtains, I don't want to put ScatMats all the way in front of the patio window (which is about 96" wide), because my cat likes to look outside.

I'm very frustrated, because I just bought the Luminette sheers this year, and I paid quite a lot for them. Now I'm wishing I had kept my rod and drapes that I had removed for the Luminette Sheers. Do you know if it's difficult to take the curtains down, and how would I store them? They are about 84" long. I'm thinking at least for the winter months when I want drapes closed, I'd put up the old rod and drapes.

Do you have any suggestions for me? This was a very expensive mistake.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022