SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaron_underwood16

Got our first draft of our kitchen design, what do you all think?

Aaron Underwood
6 years ago

Hello everybody,

We are at the start of our kitchen remodel and just got the first draft of what our designer is proposing. He is more of an architect than designer because we needed more input when it came to structural since we are removing some load bearing walls.

The original layout of the room (walls being taken down) are highlighted in red. Right now the laundry room is the whole bottom left had section of the drawing so we wanted to make that smaller and use more of that space.

To me he is using too much space around the island and I think we can make that area 4' in clearance instead of 4'6". I also think the island is too big and moves too much into the dining area. We only wanted seating for 2-3 in the island in the kitchen and not as much as he is showing or proposing. I'm also thinking I want the dishwasher in the island instead of directly next to the refrigerator because the way he is showing it there would be absolutely zero space between the dw and the fridge. We have a pantry already in the hallway so the proposed pantry cabinet isn't needed and will probably be a built in wine fridge.

Any input and or questions are greatly appreciated!

Comments (31)