SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4kids4us

Need gift ideas for my son's tutor/therapist please!

4kids4us
6 years ago

My son was diagnosed with a learning disability (language/auditory processing delay) about five years ago. The recommendation at the time was to see a speech/language pathologist for therapy. He worked with the same woman for the last five years so she has watched him grow up from a kid to a teenager. He started high school this year and is going to a school that also offers a special program for kids with learning disabilities. He basically has a class period a day getting much of the same assistance he was getting with the therapist so he is no longer seeing her. While I gave her little gifts for things like Christmas, etc during that time, I would like to get her something to say thank you. However, I'm stuck! I don't know her well enough to know her tastes, I also don't want to get her something totally impersonal like a gift card. I know she loves to read as we often recommended books to each other. She lives alone, has a cat, likes to garden, is a grandmother, and seems to be a bit spiritual. She went on a two week trip to a remote island once and was completely disconnected. She even told me that she didn't bring anything to read - she just hiked and relaxed, alone, not really talking to anyone nearly the whole time. She's a bit.....hippy? Not really what I mean, just seems a bit unconventional?

I'm going to have my son write a heartfelt letter to her which I know will be meaningful to her. Any suggestions as to what might be appropriate as a gift?

Comments (18)