SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaitemshannon

Painting trim around oak casement windows

K Paulson
6 years ago

Our home's previous owners built an addition and used oak casement windows. The rest of the house has all white casement windows. I think I want to paint the trim white since the trim through rest of house is painted and the all oak windows in addition just don't go with rest of house. But, I don't think I want to paint the casements themselves because I anticipate a nightmare of cracking/scrapped/scuffed paint as windows are opened and closed. Problem is, I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how much of trim/window to paint. I see many examples of people painting white trim on oak windows, but none of casement variety. Should I paint all but the casement so it mimics the look of white trim with black steel casement windows? Or just the outer trim? Or trim and mullions? Am I crazy to do this at all? I have included pictures below of the three windows and some close-ups of trim and casings so you can see that these are picture windows where only some open. I think the windows in oak are actually pretty on their own but they look out of place since all other trim and windows in the house are white. For reference, all our doors are the same stained oak, however.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH