SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mludovici

Choosing an exterior color scheme with our new home.

mludovici
6 years ago

NEED OPINIONS. My husband and I thought we were decided on trim colors for our new place, but once he put them up they weren't quite what we expected. We are sticking with the original body color of the house, which is a Navajo Red, just looking to change up the trim work. Right now, it is a gray and a blue that are very similar. We're looking to go into the brown-cream-more earthy type colors. We had a nice sandy (Ponytail-which is the YELLOW) and a nice brown (the dark part of the fascia). I like the dark brown, but not SO rich, would look better as the woodwork. So then the lighter color we chose would be the fascia and borders of the woodwork.

All in all... I really like the window trim color on the first floor. It matched super close to a Cobbler Brown-SW. Okay, with that being said. Should we?...

1. Choose more subtle colors with less contrast. - Maybe something similar to the trim on the windows below, then a lighter sand for the fascia?

2. Use the 'cobbler brown' as the lighter and choose a brown similar to cobbler, but maybe two shades darker?

3. Just do it all one color or mix up the painting arrangement so it's not so 'stripey' looking?

I value all opinions! Please and thank you. :)

Comments (2)