SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

FOTESS OCTOBER #2 ~YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE"

canyonwind
6 years ago

OK FOTESSERS, start posting on this #2 thread. I was getting lost on #1............

Thanks!

Annie

Comments (93)

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

1. Butter

2. Jarlsburg Cheese

4. Organic Brown Rice

6. Chicken Thighs

7. Romaine Lettuce

8. Albacore Tuna (cans)

10. Heavy Whipping Cream

11. Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter

12.Coffee

13. Eggs

16. Coconut Oil

18. Marinated Artichokes

20. Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips

22 Maple Smoked Bacon

23.Philadelphia
    Cream Cheese

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Jayeanne, Amy and Erica, well done or maybe not...LOL! I will reveal nothing until Emily and any one else who cares to makes their 15 guesses!!

Happy Evening!!

Annie

• Related Discussions

October FOTESS Swap - Halloween Party!

Q

Comments (419)
    Shirley! My amazing package arrived yesterday. Brian and I spent the day away from home, and checked the mailbox after we returned late last night. To my relief, your package and another was in there. I am starting to wonder if something drastic must be going on at our regional mail distribution center.... The prize contents are amazing! Thanks so much, but especially for the tea and paper products. Really, I need to come hang out with you and learn how to make some of these cards and gift tags. They are so beautiful. ❤️
    ...See More

FOTESS OCTOBER ~ YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE SWAP~

Q

Comments (181)
    Amy, wow! LOL OH I absolutely love the deviled eggs with the gherkins, lol. Did you add the gherkins on the tops? DH thinks its so funny that I do that, but anyone that tries those, loves them, LOL! I have more of those seasonings if you would like or need more, I keep those on hand until I run out and then will make more. (usually only twice a year, around the time I harvest and dehydrate my peppers) The chocolate habanero salt sounds incredible on your scalloped potatoes! YUM ...My favorite is the cajun ghost, I use that with all kinds of things.... burgars, meatloaf, soups, olive oil dipping & dressings, fries, baked potatoes, potato salad, shrimp, pork chops, beef kabobs, steak tips, even toss a pinch of it on top salads... the list is endless.... The kodiak spice rub is DH's go too for salmon. I dont care for Salmon but he loves it! We do lots of tailgating and bbq's ...so that 'seasoning' is sorta one of my specialtys. Can you tell I enjoy cooking ....LOL So happy to hear you enjoyed those! =) heres a few others too....Let me know if you need more! LOL
    ...See More

I LOVE Halloween Swap FOTESS October PART 2

Q

Comments (40)
    Indigo Rose tomato https://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/purple-tomato-debuts-indigo-rose Biggest issue sound like as it’s always deep purple, people harvest too early then it’s not as tasty. They tell you make sure the bottom has no green and it’s getting a bit soft before pulling it. Bred to have high levels of antioxidants, not in other tomatoes. "The new tomato is released as an open pollinated variety, and as such, seed saved from self-pollinated plants will grow true and not produce hybrids. "It's also important to know that genetic engineering techniques are never used to develop these lines," Myers said. "These tomatoes are not GMO.” Mine’s in my cart, need to double check a few of my lists to be sure I didn’t miss anything else this time.
    ...See More

FOTESS OCTOBER~~~SOUPS ON~~~

Q

Comments (292)
    my local planting group thinks im crazy for suggesting cucumbers and corn right now... where are you amy? i forgot... and where are you annie??? are your winters milder than ours?
    ...See More
  • gardengirl37232
    6 years ago
    1. Butter

2. Jarlsburg cheese

1. Brown sugar

2. Blue cheese

3. Chicken thighs

4. Romaine lettuce

5. Heavy whipping cream

6. Skippy chunky peanut butter

7. Coffee

8. Eggs

14. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.

1. Ground beef

2. Mariani sliced almonds (bag)

22. Maple smoked bacon.

1. Philadelphia cream cheese.
  • canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

BINGO TIME....

50.Juniper Berry
    Spice Fact: Tiz not a berry but a cone, gives gin its distinctive flavor.

31.Season of goodwill

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Melinda, so GOOD, GOOD, GOOD to see you!! When you get a chance, please fill us in on where your life has been. I hope you are feeling good.....

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Evening.....

Time for Game results

Going in to this round

Amy 13 points

Emily 12 points

Jayeanne 2 points

Erica 2 points

And the winner after this round. Please double check me to make sure I gave you the correct points.

Amy 20 (this round) + 13 = 33

Emily 20 (this round) + 12 = 32

Jayeanne 20 (this round) + 2 = 22

Erica 18 (this round) + 2 = 20

Congrats Amy...you beat Miss Emily by 1 point. OH so close!! So Emily wins a prize for the first round, Amy wins a prize for the second round and Amy wins the game prize. Jayeanne and Erica, you hung in the race even when things were not looking up for you and you had to put up with my funky clues.....ssssoooooo you win prizes too.

And the 15 items Annie brought home from Costco (1-10 and 21-25).....

I did not bring home items 11-20.......

1. Butter

2. Jarlsburg Cheese

3. Brown Sugar

4. Organic Brown Rice

5. Blue Cheese

6. Chicken Thighs

7. Romaine Lettuce

8. Albacore Tuna (cans)

9. Sardines

10. Heavy Whipping Cream

21.Mariani Sliced Almonds (bag)

22 Maple Smoked Bacon

23.Philadelphia
    Cream Cheese

24 Pacifico Beer

25.Ketchup

World Series....LA Dodgers 1- Houston Astros 1 in the 5th inning. GO Dodgers GO!!

Annie

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Woot! Grats to Amy and Emily. And thanks for taking pity on us runner-ups, Annie!

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Congratulations, Amy and all!

Annie, I went to Costco on Saturday and did not buy a single thing that you bought or in fact, any of the 25 options that you listed.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

EDITED

Emily, you should have seen all the other "stuff" I bought at Costco. I did not dare bore you girls with any of that....LOL! I tried to simplify the list you had to pick from!! It is pretty easy to get carried away at Costco!! At least I get out of their pretty quickly!!

And Emily, being new to our wonderful state....are you getting excited (or not) over our new additional gas tax of 12 cents per gallon???? OUCH!!

Annie

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

yay! Amy and Emily! you girls are hard to keep up with! haha! Emily I could see you winning to the very end on these TV game shows!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I am losing my marbles....I typed Amy's name instead Of Emily's....No Emily lives In CA, not Amy!! I am not even drinking any wine.....LOL! Off to edit....

Annie

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Annie -- Lmao. I was thinking: "Omg, I'm so scatterbrained lately. There's a good chance I even congratulated Amy on her move and then forgot about it."

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Annie, I wasn't aware there was a new gas tax. I just know that gas was almost a dollar more a gallon than I was paying in Nashville.

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

As it starts to get cool here, I could find myself dreaming of moving to California. I love warm and sunny! Annie, thank you for all the fun games!

Erica, I can definitely relate. I have been so scatterbrained that I think I may have lost my brain somewhere along the way! I don't even think the wine would help me!

So happy today is Wednesday. My motto for this week is "I will survive"

Have a great day! Amy

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Happy Wednesday!!

Amy....good motto "I will survive",,,,,

Emily, I think the new 12 cent/gallon gas tax kicks in on November 1.

BINGO TIME...the kids have spoken.....good luck!

9.Mortars, Grinders and Graters

44.The Red Hot Chile Peppers

5.Women are subconsciously attracted to the scent of black
    licorice

Enjoy your day!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE PARTNERS

Beth and Lisa should be receiving anytime.......

*Beth send to Jeanne....SENT/RECEIVED

*Jeanne sends to Beth...SENT/

*Amy send to Jayeanne....SENT/RECEIVED

*Jayeanne send to Amy.....SENT/RECEIVED

*Erica sends to Margo....SENT/RECEIVED

*Margo sends to Erica...SENT/RECEIVED

*Lisa sends to Mandy....SENT/RECEIVED

*Mandy sends to Lisa....SENT

*Emily sends to Annie....SENT/RECEIVED

*Annie sends to Emily....SENT/RECEIVED

• Melinda Hagen
    6 years ago

Good morning! You all are having so much fun! I would love if someone could tell me how to find my trade lists as have alot to add! I am doing ok, Annie! Has been a very stressful year and a heartbreaking one, but I am surviving it! Trying to stay calm and relax alot! Do alot of praying! Miss everyone!

• beth_b_kodiak
    6 years ago

Melinda, wonderful to see you on here again. I'm no help with the new sysyem. I've slowed down a lot and am not on much

Jeanne, many thanks for the yummy smelling package that arrived in my mail.

Ginger Apple Pie spice will be taste tested on Jack as he loved apple pie.

The Magic Dust Seasoning has me going back for more and more sniffs. WOW it smells awesome. I'm trying it on some popcorn ASAP!

And, caraway seeds are perfect. I plan to double my herb space next summer and I do love to bake rye bread. Now I'll start looking for other ways to use caraway. Seems to me that is one of the seeds in the Amish mix for children to nibble during church. I'm going to look that up

Thanks to Jeanne and Annie. Great swap.

Margo, you and Adrian are in my thoughts and prayers((( HUGS))))

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Melinda - So sorry about your rough year. It's nice to see you back. Here's how to access your trade lists:
    click "Your Houzz" (top right corner) > "Edit Profile" (top right) > "Advanced Settings" (on the left side of the page) > then scroll about half way down the page and you'll see "My GardenWeb Trading List." That is where you compose your list. You can click and drag the box to make it bigger, so that you have more area to work with.

• smitties
    6 years ago

Cardiologist cleared Adrian and repairs were done today. He had screws and a plate put in, a tendon put back where it belonged, and a ligament was repaired. All this was done in less than an hour and a half. I was amazed. Everyone we have dealt with here in Cincinnati has been wonderful. He was very lucky.

On another note, I went back and caught up on bingo and unless I missed a word, I need 4 more.

Tomorrow is a day I don't have to work or drive anywhere. Looking forward to relaxing and planting bulbs. Ah, garden therapy. Margo.

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Melinda, good to see you. Sorry that it sounds like you have had a tough year.

Margo, glad Adrian was able to have the surgery, especially as that must mean the EKG abnormality wasn't too serious. Sounds like he had a great team of doctors.

I need three more words for Bingo.

• sjc48
    6 years ago

Good news, Margo, very happy for you both!

Shirley!

• Melinda Hagen
    6 years ago

Thank you all so much for the hellos! And. Big thank you to Erica! Now I can update my lists! Good luck to whoever gets Bingo! Seems like you all are having a great time!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Wonderful package Beth!!

Margo, fantastic news about Adrians's surgery. So nice when things go smoothly, without a hitch....knock on wood!! Take care of yourself Margo...

Shirley (sjc), any cemetery excursions lately???? Hope all is good with you!

Thanks Erica for assisting Melinda on the Houzz site!!

Melinda, welcome back to FOTESS. Hoping the coming year brings all "good" your way....be well!

I have not looked at your BINGO cards. I will take a looky loo in the morning to see if anyone is close. Good Luck!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• sjc48
    6 years ago

Morning All! And welcome back, Melinda! Nice to see you again!

Annie, no recent cemetery excursions, hoping to get a few in when/if I go back to PA for Thanksgiving.

Been dealing with some breathing problems, but everything is under control and thank goodness, I haven't had pneumonia! Feeling pretty good!

Hope everyone else is doing well,

Shirley!

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Melinda, welcome back!!!

Shirley, hope you breathing continues to improve!

Margo, wishing Adrian a speedy recovery!

It has been a tough year. I pray 2018 is really good!

• smitties
    6 years ago

Melinda, good to see you again.

Shirley, every time I go by an old cemetery, (and there's a lot around here), I think of you.

Finally was able to sleep in for the first time since Adrian broke his ankle. Supposed to have had our first freeze last night so put my potted plants in the garage. Now I'm going to go get my bulbs from the old house in the ground.

Good day all. Margo

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

BINGO TIME.....GSD Rhett stopped by this morning.....and he is a wonderful fetcher........Good Luck!

10.Remember Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass?

3.Thai Chicken Coconut Soup

Edited to add....

Shirley, take care of yourself!! Happy breathing.....

Happy Day

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

Good morning all, I'm so sorry to have joined this swap and disappeared. Life has thrown me one curve ball after another. I should have backed out but wanted to play.

Mandy, I got your package from my mailbox on Tuesday. I'm so sorry for not posting sooner, I feel terrible. It was a great package and I'm looking forward to trying out the chili seasoning and the càjun seasoning mix. Thanks so much.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Lisa, "stuff" comes up in life that we have to deal with...... Hoping the curve balls have ceased and that November brings peace your way.......

Everyone has received their swap.....I so enjoyed the swaps you FOTESSERS put together.

Heidi, great idea for November.....simple...check it out!

BINGO time.....your are all getting close to the B word.....Good Luck!!

46.Redolent

43.Salt Of The Earth

Happy Friday!!

Annie

• l1oness
    6 years ago

Lisa - I'm so glad it arrived! My husband threw out the tracking #, so I couldn't confirm on my end. I hope you enjoy, and I hope your November is a bit calmer! No worries about the delay!

As we head into the holidays, I know it tends to pick up!

Mandy

• sjc48
    6 years ago

Evening, All!

Well, believe it or not, we are supposed to get snow tonight - I am definitely not ready for that! I still have yard work to do and have to put in the rest of my storm windows. Good Grief!

And the NBA is off to a roaring start. I'm not looking for Detroit to go too far, and, Annie, I am really enjoying watching the Lakers! They have a young team but they are really fun to watch. And it's not just Lonzo Ball! Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma are really looking good!

However, I'm not watching anything tonight, no games shown in my area, which is a real bummer. Just when Jimmy Butler returns for Minnie! Drat! Watching the games on computer is just not the same!

Well, hoping we don't get that snow and hoping all of you are doing well,

Shirley!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Good Morning/Afternoon Fotessers,

Shirley, I need to get back in to the Lakers...used to love them. I must admit, as much as I love sports, the baby games, primma donna behavior of pro athletes (primarily football) really turns me off, hence I stick with college sports for the most part.

BINGO Time....three fetches for you this morning!!

32.FYI...the city of Gahanna
    is the herb capital of Ohio

53.Rosemary Infused French Chocolate Mousse

13.Herb Infused Mint Chocolate Truffles

Enjoy your Saturday!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Check your BINGO cards....I just took a looky loo at your cards.....someone has BINGO!!

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Not me. I still need one more.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Possibly people are not checking their cards.......so I will pick another selection.

First person to call BINGO wins......

BINGO TIME.....

20.Starbursts

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

BINGO

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Congrats Jayeanne...You Win BINGO......anyone else?

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Yay Jayeanne! Congratulations!

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Congratulations, Jayeanne!

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

thanks ladies! I cant believe it LOL! Ive needed that last word for forever, haha

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Happy Evening,

OK girls this swap is a wrap......Has been a pleasure!

I am headed out of town for a few days, then home briefly and then out of town again.....sooooo, prizes will probably not go out until around the 13th, 14th or 15th....I will email/pm the winners after I send out.

Happy Halloween......BBBBBOOOOOOO!

Annie

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Thank you Annie for a terrific month of fun!

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Thank you so much Annie! Lots of fun!

• sjc48
    6 years ago

Thanks, Annie, much appreciated!

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

Enjoy your out of town days Annie, and thank you for all the fun! =)

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Thanks for the fun this month, Annie. Enjoy your out-of-town times!