SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaron_smith38

Need advice on concrete slab foundation repair

Aaron Smith
6 years ago

I have a home on a concrete slab that has an other wall, approx. 15 feet wide, that is pulling away from the rest of the house. A gap has appeared in the exterior concrete blocks and a gap has also appeared between floor and the outer wall.

I have had two foundation people look at it and they have both recommended putting in piers. One recommended four piers on the wall and two piers on one corner and one pier on the other corner. The second contractor recommended fewer piers, three for the 15 foot wall, and one on the other side of each corner. The first contractor's price came in at $12,000 for seven piers and the second contractor came in at $8,000 for five piers. Can anyone offer advice on what I should realistically expect to pay per pier and how many piers should be installed per linear foot, like 1 pier per five foot, etc. Also is it realistic to see a $4,000 difference in quotes. Both seem to have good reviews online, though the company with the more expensive quote has been in business longer.

Comments (7)