SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasmineflowers12

Brightening up our house and giving it curb appeal

Lindsey Q
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Posting for the first time here! We are days away from closing on the house below, which is in good shape but needs updating. The neighborhood and road it's on is exactly what we wanted, and the interior has tons of potential, so I'm happy with the purchase, but I'm not thrilled with how dark and dated the house looks with that brown paint color. And honestly I don't like how that front porch darkens the front rooms of the house either, but that is for another post.

Ideas on giving this house some more curb appeal and lightening it up? My first thoughts are possibly removing some trees and painting the house. My husband would like to paint the house as soon as possible before it gets colder. We are considering a very light gray with white shutters/garage door/trim (maybe thickening the trim), OR actually white for the main color and not sure what color shutters/trim. There is brick below the board and batten siding, so not sure if we should paint the same color or do a contrast? I think we will also want to change the X's on the porch to more standard rails. Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Comments (6)