SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vtjh

Cleaning water under my kitchen cabinet base

Jeff
6 years ago

Water leaked out of my garbage disposal and some fluid got into the space between the kitchen floor and the bottom shelf of the sink cabinet. Right now I'm in the process of replacing a dishwasher and the leak happened (all my fault) when I disconnected the small DW drain hose from the garbage disposal and didn't plug it up right away- I've been waiting for the new DW to arrive so the DW opening has been empty for a few days. But the leaking just happened today when I was washing a bunch of dishes by hand.

The water that leaked out was dirty sink water, and the stuff I wiped up was all smelly. I I want to clean and dry up that space before it starts really getting nasty. How do I access it? I pried back part of the toe kick below the cabinet door and all I saw was another piece of wood to which it was nailed. I supposed I could cut away part of the side wall of the cabinet that will be hidden once the new DW is installed but hope to learn about an easier way to do this. I definitely want to avoid removing cabinets if at all possible. Thanks for your help.

Comments (2)