SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickadee70

Pulling the Living Room Together, Ideas please...

chickadee70
6 years ago

Any ideas, design details or suggested changes would be appreciated! Our living room has a stairway wall, those stairs only go to a bonus room above the garage. One west facing window, and a slider on another wall. This room is open to the kitchen. Photos taken late afternoon with the sun starting to shine in, otherwise this room is darker earlier in the day. There isn't any overhead lighting (other than the eyeball light) I'd like to add either two more chairs or a loveseat to the furniture grouping. I am at a stopping point because I'm not sure how the furniture arrangement should be completed, or what pieces to add or what colors? The floors are natural walnut. We have a persian rug we moved here with and the colors are salmon/gold/red/teal and the rug "disappeared" when we put it on this floor with this lighting( It is now in the family room with the TV). I would like to have an area rug though. That's a sheepskin on the floor now for fun and cozy place for feet. Also it seems that the cabinets on either side of the fireplace don't seem like they are cohesive? The fireplace is very shallow, so the cabinets are further out. What about the lamps? Any ideas on a treatment for the fireplace wall overall? My chairs at the round table are from my dining set in the dining room, there are eight of them, so I wanted the extra ones in here. The table and chairs are our "eat in kitchen" so we like. Guests seem to gravitate to pulling out the dining chairs to sit and converse from if someone's in the kitchen. Love the french country/farmhouse style. Seems our pieces can go a bit traditional formal and would like it to feel more fresh and fun. I like a bit of electic or surprises too! (in a good way). That's SW Tumblin' Tumbleweed color on the wall that also goes into the kitchen.(It looks more gold in the photo than it really is) Love it! It's about the same color as the dining chairs) Cannot changes are: Piano placement,(yes, the piano is played). Window or adding windows. Still to come are our white taller baseboards, brown berber to go on the stairs. More photos to show.

Comments (20)