NEWBIE SEED PROJECT - OCTOBER 2017
If you are reading this thread and it's NOT Oct. 2017, this offer is expired (but look to see if there's one for the current month). Each month I will post a new thread if I have seeds to offer Houzz/GW members!
WELCOME to Gardenweb!
New to gardening? New to Houzz/GW? Just getting started or coming back to gardening again?
I have a number of packets this month -- Each has a variety of 25+ Flower or Veggie seeds to send out to those newbies who would like them, thanks to generous donations of several Houzz/GW gardeners.
TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE READ ALL of this post, Make sure you FOLLOW the rules, and read the thread for UPDATES. If you dont follow each step, I will NOT respond to your message/post
1. Post your request HERE -- AND send me a Houzz message via Houzz private message. INCLUDE:
-- your Houzz name AND your REAL name, and address.
-- Tell me a little bit about you and your garden or soon-to-be garden. You do not have to post this publicly
--If you want flowers, veggies or a combination
This offer is for US only and Houzz garden members. It is a ONE time offer for newbies.
2. Please enable your message capability so you can receive messages. (See post below that Leila was nice enough to compile re:TECH HELP -including setting up messaging)
It's a good idea to set this up so you can communicate and trade with other Houzz users, and this requirement is so that you have a chance to practice messaging.
3. To receive a mailer of 25+ varieties of seeds, you must send 9 “forever” stamps and a mailing label (or clearly print your name and address on a piece of paper IN PEN). I will provide bubble mailer. If you prefer, you can send $7 via paypal; my paypal email provided upon request. Tell me which you prefer in your message.
The stamps/paypal you are sending pays for the postage to send your seeds to you, the bubble envelope I provide to send them in, and any extra help with extra supplies such as tape, ziploc seed baggies, etc. Additional donations are always appreciated!
4. The packet contents depends on what has been donated, but if you are looking for specific things, you are welcome to send a wish list. I may or may not have what is on your list. This project is to help get you started for a minimal cost. (You cant get more than 2-3 packs of seeds at the store or on line for this price)
PLEASE SEND YOUR STAMPS PROMPTLY once you get my address -- so I receive within TWO WEEKS. Dont use your business or a friend's address. We've had problems in this respect.
I'm posting this offer early in the year (Sept) because i cut off the offerings in April due to surgery last spring, I am still in my garden collecting seeds and I have a job, so will get your seeds out as quickly as I can.
5. READ this thread for UPDATES; I have a limited number of packets to send out and this is where I will post updates when they are no longer available, when packages are mailed out, when offers change, etc. Offerings depend on donations and my own seeds.
This our our way to welcoming you to the GW/Houzz Garden Community! We look forward to getting to know you! We hope you will stick around and join in the trading and the chat and help build our community of gardeners into a larger base for sharing, learning, etc!
There is a thread for newbies here under the Seed Exchange -- feel free to post and join the fun!
Feel free to introduce yourself and ask questions if you need help and can't find the place to ask.
Have fun and Happy Gardening!
If you’re new to the forums and haven’t read this post, you might find it helpful:
SEE THREAD BELOW for Tech Help