SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
britta_s85

Two tone cabinets, two tone hardware?!

Britta
6 years ago

Hello everyone!

I’m in the process of painting my kitchen cabinets. They were honey oak before (so natural wood) by now I’m done with the island (Behr color “pencil point”, a very dark grey/blue) and one part of the wall cabinets (we have an “L” shape, but there is an entry way between the two sides of the “L”, which made t easy to split the work up in two paint sessions). The wall cabinets are/will be painted in Behr color “Drizzle”, a very light grey, more like a tinted white.

We are updating the hardware as well, and since I decided on the colors, hubby insisted on choosing the hardware.

He wants these (and only these, so for drawers and cabinets): https://www.knobs4less.com/Liberty-Hardware-Avante-Collection-Iron/ava65214pi.html?finish=Pewter

They are available in 3 different finishes. Shown above is the pewter, which I very much like for the island (contrast).

Now... they’re also available in cast iron (blackish).

I was wondering if it’s “okay” (as in “design law”) to get the cast iron ones for the light cabinets (also for contrast)? So not only mixing the cabinet colors, but also the hardware?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus